Author Topic: OUCH  (Read 2821 times)

Offline crooketarrow

OUCH
« on: June 25, 2016, 11:34:44 am »
  I looked through 3 storages for 3 days in a row. Looking for pistol parts,really 1911 slides. I found everythingggggggggggggg BUT.

Brier saw this and brought it home.

Late 80's before self bows and shoot arrows, trade points.7 Point, 64" BLACK WIDIOW LONG BOW 80# @ 26". It could be a dozzen different arrowl (woods).

27 Yards farthest traditional buck kill.

I also have 2 trade points inbeded just like that. Where in one of those storages. I'm not going back to look. For the arrowed spines or those slides.

I built pistols for 7 or 8 years. Like most of my hoppies that fall by the way side.Either stoped them time or something else was the reason.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Joec123able

Re: OUCH
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 01:32:37 am »
Damn! Bet that hurt haha
I like osage

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 08:16:25 am »
Nice keepsake of a backbone.Think I've only spined one deer...a doe.Dropped like a rock on the spot.....lol.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 05:36:33 am »
I have done that a few times, I hate it but also love it, no tracking is the love it part, the having to finish them off is the hate it part. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 05:49:11 pm »
A guy back home once showed me a 8 inches piece of blackbear spine with three broadheads imbeded into it from different years he had been tracking it for 4 years or so before he bagged it. But it walked around for at least three seasons with them in his spine. Really neat how the bone grows around them. One tough animal to do that too!

Offline DC

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 06:07:47 pm »
I imagine he was a grumpy old bear, they ain't the most mellow animal in the first place. Also I think your buddy should have changed his aim point after the first two years ;D ;D