Author Topic: weaponized toys  (Read 11482 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: weaponized toys
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 03:05:34 pm »
There are so many "not a good ideas" floating around this crowd.  Remember that thread years back about doing dumb stuff?  It had stories of mason jars of gasoline thrown into bonfires, flaming couches, and the like.  Yeah. Half the time I am amazed at the stuff you guys build and half the time I wonder how the heck any of you are still alive.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 04:12:07 pm »
There are so many "not a good ideas" floating around this crowd.  Remember that thread years back about doing dumb stuff?  It had stories of mason jars of gasoline thrown into bonfires, flaming couches, and the like.  Yeah. Half the time I am amazed at the stuff you guys build and half the time I wonder how the heck any of you are still alive.

I agree.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Stringman

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 04:12:26 pm »
I own a t-shirt to that club....

No details forthcoming.. ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 05:56:50 pm »

No Homeland Security in those days, JW. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 06:00:50 pm »
My one and only attempt at making a sparkler bomb didn't turn out so good.  I was seconds away from dialing 911.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline le0n

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 06:47:24 pm »
Screw that, unmodified Legos can cripple!

yep, and the clear ones blend in to the carpeted surroundings with a Predator-like stealth camouflage.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 08:34:46 pm »
I started reloading my own amo a long time ago, started out loading shotgun shells.  One day when I was in my early 20's I had the bright idea of making a canon.  My brother worked in a machine shop so I asked him to make the barrel.  He found a short piece of high pressure steam pipe with a 1 1/2" bore with maybe 3/4" thick walls and about 2" long and welded a plug at one end.  I devised an ignition system from a remote fuse igniter and a shotgun primer and mounted everything on a board.  I then made a round ball mould out of plaster and cut some card wads and t was ready to test, by this time it was the middle of Winter.  My brothers and I hauled that thing out into the bush and I proceeded to load it up.  Never having loaded anything this large before I was going by what I thought was a suitable amount of Win 540 followed by several card wads then the ball and a few more card wads.  We then lined it up on a rather large Poplar tree and I inserted the primer, tied a long string on the firing pin and went and hid behind a dead fall.  A solid pull of the string produced a loud boom and the tree shook.  When we had a look though there was hardly anything left of the canon.  I didn't know enough about reloading at the time and the powder I had used was too fast burning and way too much of it.  It took us awhile to dig the ball out of the tree, it had gone half way through
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 10:03:21 pm »
I wanted a Mortar. I couldn't get my buddy at the machine shop to turn me one out of solid steel bar, though. Also growing up I had a friend whose brother brought home some, pineapple looking things when he came back from Vietnam. Well, we found them and messed up some orange trees way back in the grove.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sleek

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2016, 10:14:48 pm »
Has anyone thought of getting some cheaper drones, tying model rockets on them as missiles and dog fighting?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Zuma

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 07:31:33 am »
Zuma that is too funny. Was he mad at all? Glad you all stayed friends!

First off he was. Tony was a lineman and a big boy but he couldn't
catch me running around outside in the snow bare footed.
I was an end and still had my boots on>:D
Last time I saw him was at my bon voyage to SEA :'(
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 10:12:25 am »
Has anyone thought of getting some cheaper drones, tying model rockets on them as missiles and dog fighting?

Seeing that you need a license to operate a drone in Utah, and some rocket engines require a license as well, nope.

Oh, I'll add that jacks were off limits in my house growing up. Mini Caltrops. Legos were banished to my bedroom, with hardwood floors.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 10:44:17 am »
I used to work at an office where we all kept Nerf guns, when things got slow out came the foam flinging firearms, lol. The office was really one of those steel building structures and had the huge industrial lights up in the rafters, well someone accidentally let go of a helium birthday balloon and it lodged right next to one of those extremely hot lights. The boss started to get worried it was going to catch fire but didn't know what to do as it was as high as a gymnasium ceiling and there was no ladder tall enough to retrieve it. So I took out my trusty modified Nerf gun, taped a thumb tack to the dart and solved the problem with prejudice, lol. Boss came over, said thanks, then said to take the thumb tack off the dart and we'd all pretend we never saw that lest the HR department hear of it, lol.

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 12:51:06 pm »
We took a 50' rope, rigged it up to a "lasso" on the end of a pool stick, and drove all over southern IL back roads one night. I was driving and only after we barely missed getting it over the neck of a small doe did I ask my cousin what he had the OTHer end of the rope tied to.. His waist.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 01:36:00 pm »
Lol, reminds me of that story that went around for a while about the guy trying to capture a deer. If you haven't seen that search for it, great read, lol.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 06:05:45 pm »

My other hobby is model airplane building and flying and adding rockets to them is a big no-no ---  but I have daydreamed many times.  what I really want to do is build a paintball gun into the nose of an A-10 Warthog.  That would be beyond cool.