Author Topic: weaponized toys  (Read 11292 times)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Re: weaponized toys
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 08:58:22 pm »
I would like to say this is the best thread on the PA!!!I get a big kick out of all the things we've done in the past and thinking who will try one of the many stories on here. Keep them coming!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 09:36:42 pm »
Ever try drinking a few 12oz's and running a boat beside a 6' gator and think it was cool to jump out and wrap your arms and legs around it? Well if you do, it's not. Try to figure out how to let go after you say, "Watch This". 8)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2016, 09:59:35 pm »
Ever try drinking a few 12oz's and running a boat beside a 6' gator and think it was cool to jump out and wrap your arms and legs around it? Well if you do, it's not. Try to figure out how to let go after you say, "Watch This". 8)

As I hear it, the story still runs around the town where I grew up about my father and his buddies running coyotes between snowmobiles and whoppin' 'em with a baseball bat.  Apparently one night, my father was on the left side of a yote and his buddy Don was on the right, but could not seem to connect, a batting slump as it were.  My father bailed off his Scorpion 440 SuperStinger and bulldogged the song doggie! 

HE claims he hit a rock or something and fell onto it accidently.  My father is not prone to exaggeration or dramatization, but I am not gonna give him this one.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 10:20:18 am »
Has anyone thought of getting some cheaper drones, tying model rockets on them as missiles and dog fighting?

My other hobby is model airplane building and flying and adding rockets to them is a big no-no ---  but I have daydreamed many times.  what I really want to do is build a paintball gun into the nose of an A-10 Warthog.  That would be beyond cool.

Anything to do with the A-10 is beyond cool!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 10:25:28 am »
I think most of us at some point has at least contemplated if not attempted attaching bottle rockets to those styrofoam gliders. It doesn't work BTW, lol.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2016, 10:56:35 am »
check out the slingshot channel

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2016, 11:06:57 am »
Bottle rocket Wars... Conduit as your gun. Pretty funny when you get busted by your parents

Offline sleek

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 12:42:08 pm »
I think most of us at some point has at least contemplated if not attempted attaching bottle rockets to those styrofoam gliders. It doesn't work BTW, lol.

No it does not. But an arrow duct tapped to an estes model rocket engine works great. Also tje gan out of a hair dryer with the rocket engine in the middle makes an awesome spinning toy as it goes up.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 01:07:55 pm »
I went to a junior college in Jansen Beach Fla in 1969-71. Just before Christmas break one year, after most of the students had left for the holidays a few of us had a bottle rocket war. One team at one end of the dorm hall, the other team at the other end. With all the lights out we would exchange shots down the dark hall to our opponents. It was pretty interesting.   :-\
 At the same school, the night of the Draft Lottery we were all huddled in front of the TV in the TV room which had accordion style sliding doors. Some smart butt decided to throw a few lit bottle rockets into the room and hold the doors closed. Another exciting moment.  On a side note...the lottery numbers were not in my favor. I drew #88
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 01:23:35 pm »
And which branch did you enlist in?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 04:05:38 pm »
I was never in the military. They wouldn't have wanted me anyway.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 05:22:03 pm »
Mine was #13 :(
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 07:22:38 pm »
In the mid 70's saltpeter was readily available so I decided one day to make some Black powder.  Mixed the ingredients in the right proportions.  Tried it in some of the rifles I had and it worked quite well.  Then I made some small rockets.  Very little control but man did those things go
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 08:10:10 pm »
We got into the lab when I was in High School and got a bottle of Iodine Crystals. Have you ever seen what happens when you mix the crystals 50/50 with ammonia? It turns into a very unstable contact explosive. We painted the bottom of a toilet seat at the local drive in theater one Saturday night and hung around to see who would be lucky enough to sit on it once it dried. About an hour later there was a small boom and a bunch of purple smoke rolling out. Didn't hurt anybody more then burning the hair off his butt and staining his backside purple.

Always amusing to throw it down wet in front of the Bar door on a busy night and watch everybody track it all through the place. As it dried and people would step on it it would go off like the old black powder crackers you could buy.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline chamookman

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2016, 03:37:17 am »
Pat & Eddy - Mine was 311. Man, I remember being glued to the radio during the "Lottery" ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.