Author Topic: In case you didn't have enuf 2 worry about...  (Read 9623 times)

Offline Lumberman

Re: In case you didn't have enuf 2 worry about...
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2016, 12:53:09 pm »
I think it would be tough tough to avoid other people, if not impossible for a year or two. There are so many people in this country and we are from the most populated. Yes millions and millions would be clueless and killing each other in the cities. But people are reslilient! I think they would spread out fast from areas  of populace to the wild. I traveled coast to coast hitch hiking and walking and I was amazed at how often I encountered other travelers in a random seemingly Podunk town particularly when I looked for as pot to hide and sleep for a few hours. I d duck Ito a little grove of trees or bushes and there would be someone already in there!! I would rather travel alone, but hooking up with a group might be necessary and unavoidable

Offline phyankord

• like to do work with my hands more than my mind.
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2016, 12:53:44 am »
well the way to fix that problem is to simply just find a hidey hole and stay there. most people who do their homework on post apocalypse generally agree that 90% of the population will be completely decimated after the first couple months.

Offline sleek

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2016, 02:12:09 am »
The sucky thing is, you may be best off staying put until the xhaos slows down, then make the trip and find out if you have a family to come home to when you get there.

The goal is to stay alive, you are no good to your family dead. Some things will be out of your hands. Train your family to handle themselves is the best you can do for them. Id let them know now jn an event like this to not worry about me, just stay alive, and if i am, i will find them.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2016, 12:51:04 pm »
If it happens, I think I'll just have to keep reassessing the conditions. A quick exit east on the first day (or night) might be a good idea. I'd only be dealing with people doing the same thing. Then hole up for a couple of days and watch. Much will depend on whether any or all vehicles are disabled. If my '94 Ranger will run, I can put some distance between me and the valley folks till I run out of gas. Then hole up, or bike onward as conditions dictate. Hoping all this thought and effort isn't needed.
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine