Author Topic: Tree I.D. Book  (Read 2989 times)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Tree I.D. Book
« on: July 05, 2016, 03:52:24 am »
I'm all the time seeing people posting Tree ID help. I'm no tree expert so I found this book on Amazon. It will fit in my back pocket. Shows leaves, bark, nuts, fruit. Has a good write up on each tree. I've really enjoy this book and use it a lot. Just thought it would be a help to anybody else out there that needs help WITH TREE I.D. I think I paid around $16 for it.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Tree I.D. Book
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 01:26:28 pm »
That is the tree ID book we have also along with others. Audubon make a great series of ID books for all sorts of plants and animals. We have many of them.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Knotty

• Don't regret your past, learn from it.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 03:07:53 pm »
Very interesting!
I'll be looking for one about Brazilian Trees next time I go to the library!
~Isaia

Offline DuBois

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:36:31 pm »
I found a "Pocket Guide" at the library for trees of Minnesota and it was really helpful with learning to ID a lot of trees around here. It didn't look quite as good when I finally gave it back though  ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 09:02:48 pm »
That's the one I use, also, $3 at the used book store. It has great colored pictures of the bark, fruit, and leaves.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ajooter

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 11:37:02 am »
Just ordered one gut...i need to stock up on a lot of bow wood this summer so this will help for sure!!