Author Topic: where do i go to shop and buy some of the awsome bows I see on this site  (Read 9711 times)

Offline Progressor

Do you guys sell your bows? also where would i go to shop for them. Is is a central location or does each maker have his own shop? any help would be most helpful : )

thanks,

Jon

Offline JW_Halverson

Some of us sell a few bows on the side, but most do not.  Our major drive here is to encourage people like YOU to pick up just a very few hand tools and a piece of wood to make you very own bow.  We will walk you thru step by step with advice and counsel that you can take or leave as you like.  Depending on where you are located, we might even have someone nearby that will invite you over to their garage or shed for some hands on teaching. 

The simple fact that most of on here are knuckledragging throwbacks is an encouragement to you.  Because if WE can do it, you got this!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
I am actually holding a bow raffle right now for a hickory backed osage recurve build.  Its for a Charity that assists people living with AIDS. I'm biking 600k from Toronto to montreal. PM me and I can hook you up with the details.  The bow would be similar to the one I posted for BOM.
If that fails, then you gotta do like JW said and learn to make your own. :)

Offline Progressor

thank you for the info and that is kind of what I figured as most I would assume do it as a hobby. I have started making bows already but when i look at bom posts I am not sure if what I am doing even counts as making a bow lol. I made 7 osage bows this year but i dont know how to re-curve or do real nice grips and they are so snaky looks like Dr. Seus made them : ) They do shoot pretty hard and straight but I am afraid it will be years until I can make the bow I really want : (

I just started a new one that might have a chance but a little propeller twist... is there somewhere I can do to ask noob question also will people get upset if i ask question before reading the bowyer's bible. I keep meaning to read it but I dont know ... I have add or something.

Thanks,

Jon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Jon, post some of your bows in the BOWS section and lets discuss them. We'll have you building bows to be proud of in no time.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC