Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 158398 times)

Offline Onebowonder

Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:46 am »
I've been biting my tongue, genuflecting frequently, and keeping my fingers crossed hoping things might turn out to where I could make it, ...but alas I'm pretty certain now that I will not be able.  Work has called for me to come into the office on Thursday to do a presentation to our sales guys and get them ready to talk about our new offering.  I'm not yet ready and it will take a solid week to get ready.  So, ...no last minute miracle opening in the plans for me.  :'( :'( :'(  I am seriously jealous of you all but I hope you have a wonderful event.  Stay safe, take pictures, post them after (they do me no good on your i-phone!), and for heaven's sake, TRY to keep Mike from getting lost!

OneBow

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2017, 10:58:44 am »
There is a clubhouse with very nice restrooms and showers.  I think there is a water hydrant to fill up your containers.  Limited electricity up front.  Peaceful quiet camping in the back field.  Except for that one guy who liked to chop firewood at 6 am a couple of years ago.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2017, 11:00:12 am »
Sorry you won't be able to make it Onebow.  Start planning for next year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2017, 11:05:57 am »
Yup, hydrant is located right by the pavilion. Its good, cold well water.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2017, 11:06:48 am »
Kyle don't worry too much about getting "everything" packed. Town is just a skip away and they have all the stores you might need to visit.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2017, 11:45:16 am »
That's true Pearl  but once I get there I would hate to leave. Might miss something
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline ksnow

« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2017, 11:51:38 am »
I'm more concerned with forgetting a tool, a stave, a box of stuff to trade.  I've done enough primitive camping to be comfortable without most "necessaries."  And like Danzn Bar said, once camped, I hate leaving. I make a grudging exception for ice runs.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2017, 11:54:07 am »
Its looking like very ice-friendly weather coming up. I can dig that.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2017, 12:41:23 pm »
Man Eric I sure am sorry your not going to make it! :'( I'll do my best to keep the bells tied to Mike's shoelaces. We don't need another "incident", way to many woods around camp for that!

Pearl, that weather sounds great! Better than last year. Is was so hot and humid it wasn't funny. We drove 14 hours north to the land of evergreens and snow just to find heat and humidity! It was actually cooler in South West Missouri!
But what a show of hospitality! Even changed the weather to remind us of home. FYI, I'm not a huge fan of the heat either brother!  (S)

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2017, 12:53:30 pm »
Ill be making plenty of dust this year, last year I was worthless in that humidity. I have a few yew projects and an osage pole bow that needs tweaking and shot-in.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2017, 01:17:25 pm »
 I'll believe it when I see it

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2017, 01:31:44 pm »
I hear ya Chris! And Paul!
I have a couple of prime Missouri ozarks Osage staves that need to be a bow.  You know,  the kind you guys throw away!  >:D I also got a piece of yew I might need some help with. Its almost ready to brace.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2017, 03:30:39 pm »
I've been making good progress planting now, still a lot behind but this warm two days here are really helping. I was really worried about my Sugar Beets. My brother's where almost ready to work them up. I think there gonna make it. See you guys soon
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bubby

« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:58 pm »
Paul,  could you take a better picture of how it attaches to the post please?  Trying to figure out materials. Thanks!

Patrick

Most of them are just round stock wrapped in a coil and friction hold them up patrick
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2017, 07:52:36 pm »
Paul,  could you take a better picture of how it attaches to the post please?  Trying to figure out materials. Thanks!

Patrick

Most of them are just round stock wrapped in a coil and friction hold them up patrick

Just like Bub said