Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 158327 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2016, 11:51:58 am »
Guy sure wishing you all a happy healthy New Year. Get rested up and God Bless
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2016, 05:17:12 pm »
Sorry you didn't enjoy the Classic Patrick, all I can say is we try. Marshall is a great place and has been around for years , hope yall all enjoy. Not in the cards for me this year but I retire this coming Sept. and it is on my to do list for sure.  ;)
 Pappy

Not that I didn't enjoy the classic pappy.  It was a good time.  But I got sick while I was there and didnt feel like participating much at all.  Then I hurt my shoulder somehow and couldn't shoot the course.  I just didnt get to enjoy it as much as I wanted to.  Ill be back for sure! Just not sure if it will be in the cards for me this year.  I think ill have to choose between Marshall and the classic. 

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Stringman

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2016, 07:16:16 pm »
I hate choosing.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2016, 08:44:04 pm »
Pat . . . be sure to mark that calendar for the March get-together!    ::)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2016, 08:49:15 pm »

Moon Tree????
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2016, 10:28:51 am »

Will do buddy! Ill be sending something out before long for a get together the second weekend in April as well!   :laugh:

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline ksnow

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2016, 01:57:49 pm »
So, what should a first timer prepare for?  I have it marked on my calendar for next year, nothing will stop me.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2016, 02:07:24 pm »
The camping area is flat, big and dry. Lots of shade and sun available. Tents and campers both work well. There is a shower room open 24-7 so you don't have to worry about cleaning up at 2 am after a bow building binge. There is a pot luck on Saturday that has grown to quite a feast the last few years. And I believe they sell hot dogs and/or burgers cheap for lunches. Food and eating food is NEVER a concern. Plenty of that gets shared.

As far as building bows is concerned. A portable vice or press is nice, but not needed. There is always a vice or press not being used, usually mine. Somebody always has staves for trade or sale, so you wouldn't have to haul one if you didn't want to. Take a look at some old threads from past gatherings and you can see our play area is set up nice. Plenty of light and open tables to use. 

And finally, the cool cats camp out in the back field while nerds like Wirwicki camp out up front..................love ya' Matty :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2016, 03:21:41 pm »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2016, 12:15:18 pm »
True statement Clint.  I may try for both but it might be one of those short trip this year.

Patrick

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2016, 12:31:17 pm »
My vacation time account is still sadly depleted by all the fun I had last year.  ...<sigh> it sux to be an old man that changed jobs late in his career a few times.  I have to get by on a newcomer's share of leave time even though I'm a gray bearded ole fool.  If I was still at the place I started at so long ago I'd be retired by now and have all my time to bum about to the various gatherings all over the whole country/world!  Shoulda woulda coulda I guess!   :'( :'( :'(

OneBow

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2016, 04:01:28 pm »
If's and buts were fruits and nuts oh what a Christmas it would be....know what you mean Eric :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 05:14:28 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2016, 04:24:08 pm »
Patrick I know what you mean. I really want to make it to the Classic some day. Just a really busy season for me. I gotta admit I'm not a big crowd person. My wife and I really enjoyed both the size and quality of the crowd at Marshall.
Eric not very many people stay at one job anymore even if they want to. Sure hope to see both of you guys again.
Ksnow last year was my 1st time and it was even better than I imagined and I've got a good imagination. If you like building bows bring your hand tools. If you like shooting bring lots of colorful arrows. I'm going to try and bring more $$ . It's not that it takes a lot but when I got home I was so happy with everything I got I wished I'd have gotten more. Some good deals, you could see what you where getting and no shipping. I just can't buy any of this stuff around here. Almost everything I make comes from stuff I harvest or collect but there's things I just can't get. If you got a wife and kids you can bring them to. My wife loved it and now I'm can go again. Looking forward to meeting you.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bubby

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2016, 04:56:26 pm »
Bj did we meet last year? Sad to say but i met so many great guys sometimes i need a pic to remember. Marshall was a great time and the perfect size for me
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹