Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159090 times)

Stringman

Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #225 on: May 08, 2017, 08:56:06 pm »
Better be a plate full, Clint can put away some tenders!!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #226 on: May 08, 2017, 09:14:40 pm »
Better be a plate full, Clint can put away some tenders!!

Those were the best tenders ever.  I'm already looking forward to going back next year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2017, 12:44:55 pm »
WOW Dbar!  That is a wonderful bow.  The reflex in the unstrung profile is amazing.  I bet it'll really zip a light weight arrow down range. 

How long ago was the sinew set on the bow?  I'm wondering if it is likely to continue to gain poundage overtime... 

OneBow

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2017, 07:16:37 pm »
Thanks Guys.....small token compared to the work the guys do to put this event on every year.  Just hope to keep it coming back year after year.

Eric, I put the sinew on mid December, and I have monitored the poundage,  and I have to say it has not picked up any weight at all....  I sinewed this bow in my basement which in the winter stays less than 20% RH.  And in six weeks the sinew was dry.  If I remember right about 900 grs of deer leg sinew.  again hasn't pick up a pound as far as I can tell....I've done a few sinewed backed bows at this time of year with the same results.

I have shot this bow a lot, and it really wings a light weight matching arrow.  Hope some sweet lady or a cute youngster ends up with it after Marshall...
Can't wait until then
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2017, 09:16:02 am »
Nice rig Bill, very cool of you to donate that set up.

I'm looking VERY forward to hanging with you boys again. I might even make a curl or two, who knows. Jeany and I should be around Wednesday afternoon.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2017, 10:23:22 am »
If all continues to go smooth, I should be rolling in sometime Friday afternoon.  I can't wait, I've heard so many good things.  8)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #231 on: May 10, 2017, 11:41:17 am »
Nice rig Bill, very cool of you to donate that set up.

I'm looking VERY forward to hanging with you boys again. I might even make a curl or two, who knows. Jeany and I should be around Wednesday afternoon.

We look forward to hanging out with you to Pearly but am even more excited that you can have Jeany. by your side for the adventure!
See ya all real soon
2 weeks from now
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #232 on: May 10, 2017, 12:18:49 pm »
Hey Guy was there something said last year about us having fires in the backfield? it was never a problem before but should we plan on bringing a pit with us?   for some reason I remember someone getting upset about us building fires on the ground

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #233 on: May 10, 2017, 12:31:32 pm »
If all continues to go smooth, I should be rolling in sometime Friday afternoon.  I can't wait, I've heard so many good things.  8)

You will love it Aaron! Its an awesome event! The course is a lot like the one we shot last fall.  Great group and a beautiful place as well. Wish I could go this year.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #234 on: May 10, 2017, 12:45:33 pm »
Hey Guy was there something said last year about us having fires in the backfield? it was never a problem before but should we plan on bringing a pit with us?   for some reason I remember someone getting upset about us building fires on the ground

We have one of those patio fire pits I can bring. Its not made for a roaring fire, but it can handle a decent size to cook on or sit around.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #235 on: May 10, 2017, 01:11:42 pm »

We have one of those patio fire pits I can bring. Its not made for a roaring fire, but it can handle a decent size to cook on or sit around.
I think guy told me up front if you wanted a fire to dig it out then replace the sod when done. We didn't even bother starting one. I would like to get one of those patio ones like Pearl has. One of my cousins uses a old clothes washer drum at his property, works pretty good actually.
We're hoping to get there wen. but I'm getting further behind every day. Still cold and wet here. Had heavy frost again yesterday morning. The little bit I do have planted would rather be back in the seed boxes. Sure hope to get caught up, I don't want to miss this. The silver lining is my camper roof seem
weather tight.
Bjrogg
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bubby

« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2017, 02:15:37 pm »

You will love it aaron, just don't plan on sleeping much😉
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2017, 02:22:32 pm »
Wish you could be there again bubbly

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2017, 07:12:56 pm »
Believe me when i tell ya that bow of Bill's is a real shooter, very generous of you .... cant wait to see all u folks again. I plan on rollin in wednesday afternoon
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline RyanR

« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2017, 07:47:00 pm »
This shoot is coming fast. I can't wait. I'm not sure which day I am coming yet but, hopefully by Thursday some time. :BB -C-