Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159063 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2017, 09:25:16 am »
That's a great decision, if you ask me. The friendships and memories are something she can continue to enjoy and carry with her for life . Sports are over when school is over. That being said, I get it. Basketball was everything to my boys, now, not so much after both finished their last seasons.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2017, 02:53:41 am »
Looks like Dave, couple of his kids, and I will be there Thu afternoon.

Man I wish I could hitch a ride with your caravan Mike. Especially if there was a chance that there would be some apple pie from captain redbeard! But I think the wife might loose that last nerve she keeps talking about. 
Although she might find it if I spent a weekend in Marshall!  (R (=) :BB :OK

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2017, 07:55:26 am »
I'm looking forward to seeing big Dave again. Been about 4-5 years I'm thinking.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #258 on: May 15, 2017, 12:06:48 pm »
If we can get kiddos outta bed and into vehicles at early hour, we should roll in mid/late afternoon Thu. If not, ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Nina and Marley (Dave youngest) should hit it off smashingly!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2017, 12:08:34 pm »
Pop tarts and orange juice are good bribing tools.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2017, 12:19:33 pm »
How old is Marley?

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2017, 03:42:44 pm »
6 or 7 ... going on 22.   ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:05:57 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #262 on: May 16, 2017, 02:31:07 am »
6 or 7 ... going on 22.   ;)

And the queen of mojam!  :OK

Well, I had a talk with my wife then made a phone call to Mr DVS.  Ill be hitching a ride with them.  Thank you Mr. Hill for the early morning message.

Got one favor to ask,  does anyone have a tent I could use. All I have is that giant tent we had up there last year.  Just need something I could put a cot in and my clothes. Thanks!   (R (-S (W (S)

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #263 on: May 16, 2017, 05:59:47 am »
Glad to hear you have Dave coming this year Mike, we missed not seeing both of you guys down at TN and Smokey missed Marley.
Great news that your making it too Patrick, I don't have a tent but I'm sure someone will come up with one.

We're going to shoot for making it up on Wed. night if I can get my work done by then. Really looking forward to seeing all the good people there again.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2017, 07:57:25 am »
Jean was just asking when Sharona was going to be there. She isn't sure she can last the duration with me, so she may drive up later in the week when Julie and Breezy arrive.

Patrick I sent you a text. Ill hook you up with my two man Kelty and a foam pad. Super easy set up and plenty of room to change clothes. Let me know if you need any other bulky items you cant haul up.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2017, 08:14:18 am »
Patrick I have a 6 person dome tent with two closets attached. I haven't used it in a few years but if Pearls tent doesn't work out let me know. I'm hoping to get there Wednesday but I just finished planting sugarbeets yesterday and am very far behind so at this point I'm just really hoping I make it period. Man it's really coming fast now.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #266 on: May 16, 2017, 08:35:43 am »
Thanks fellas! Bj, I think ill take Pearl up on his  tent.  But thanks for the offer buddy.

Thanks Chris I really appreciate it buddy!

Glad I can make it! You just never know when things will change! Can't wait to see everyone now! Guess I need to get something done here, haven't been able to work on anything for some time.  :BB (AT)

Patrick

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #267 on: May 16, 2017, 09:22:58 am »
That's great that you're gonna be able to make it Patrick. Look forward to seeing you

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #268 on: May 16, 2017, 03:58:07 pm »
Wow just keeps getting better!
Glad to hear such a big group is coming in from  down there , be good to see y'all
Thank you to all the wifes that put up with us doing this and you gals that come along well what can I say but sweeeeet!
See y'all in  a week or so
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2017, 09:08:20 pm »
 Well no just totally approved time off from work. I said I was gonna make it this year! I'm looking forward to seeing all you guys again. My kids were bummed out when u told them we weren't going to Tenn. This year, but man they did peek up when I told them about Marshall!
 Pat should be here Wednesday night and I will have these kids up and on the road early. It's funny how plans can come together, fall apart, rebuild, and just get better!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley