Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159037 times)

Offline chamookman

Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #450 on: May 29, 2017, 05:06:07 am »
Great Pics Clint & Paul ! Thanks for sharing  :OK . Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #451 on: May 29, 2017, 05:59:59 am »
Looks like a great time had by all, thanks for sharing the stories and pictures. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #452 on: May 29, 2017, 07:33:04 am »
I'll get some pics up soon enough. Another VERY memorable gathering. I haven't laughed so hard and so often in a long time. It felt great to relax and unwind. My new BFF Kath has a great sense of humor and she made me laugh a lot, got lucky there Lynch Mob :). The PA member turn out has went from 3 or 4 to 23 or 24 in 3 years. Its astonishing. Its amazing how quickly time can dissolve right before your eyes. It seems like Bill, Clint, Lynch Mob and I were just sitting under the new sun/rain shelter CLINT PAID NEW MONEY for. And to all ya'll from the south, Sleek, Dave, Mike, A-a-ron, Patrick and families thanks to ya'll for making the drive up eh'. Best I could tell there were 9 states and 2 countries represented. It was great to meet Kyle and his ol' man from the badger state. Couple of first class gentlemen who fit right in like 10 years vets to the shoot. 

As Clint pointed out, Pauly spent nearly all his bow working time with a couple young men that needed his undivided attention to get much done. He gave it as he always does and that's why we all love the guy :)

Counting the days until next year folks, see some you sooner than later.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #453 on: May 29, 2017, 07:56:51 am »
Few pics of Bill with his new bow and arras from Greg and I and A-a-ron setting camp. That's Bill cooking Clints food and a new fry pan Clint got for Bill. It'll hold a lot more bacon :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #454 on: May 29, 2017, 08:00:08 am »
Nice pic of barefoot Tony......with boots on. :)

Lynch Mob with a nice full draw of his Moontree hackberry special.

And then before and after pics of the pond. The new walk way over the dam was a nice, and needed this year. We may have got our paws wet had that not been built.

Offline sleek

« Reply #455 on: May 29, 2017, 09:14:21 am »
I wish I had gotten some pics, but my phone was non existent to me while tjere. Even my boy went without his phone without complaint.

We are not home yet. We stopped the night in ohio and rigjt now are on our way to do some gold and gem stone mining and possible cave exploration.  This journey is a good one.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #456 on: May 29, 2017, 10:58:08 am »
Nice pictures guys!I'm uploading my pics now. All 107 of em! I took a bunch. I'll be posting throughout the day hopefully.

Happy Memorial Day, and happy Birthday again Paul!

"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #457 on: May 29, 2017, 12:06:26 pm »
Have bunch of pictures to post.
But found some rather distressing images included, and have no idea how they got there . . . and . . . are proving to be quite stubborn about letting me delete. There's NO WAY moderators would allow these on this upstanding site!
More later . . . . . . .
 >:D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #458 on: May 29, 2017, 12:32:07 pm »
I heard about that Mike. Who would have picked Greg as a trouble maker. (-P
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #459 on: May 29, 2017, 12:39:56 pm »
You always have to watch the nice quiet ones

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #460 on: May 29, 2017, 12:40:24 pm »
I heard about that Mike. Who would have picked Greg as a trouble maker. (-P

I heard that to,  but I didn't hear the whole thing.  What happened buddy? Your camera didn't get ruined did it? Im glad you were able to find it though.

Oh yeah,  HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #461 on: May 29, 2017, 01:58:03 pm »
I agree Pauly, never trust the quiet ones. Greg has always been more than good to me, but I'll be watching him closer now.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #462 on: May 29, 2017, 02:07:23 pm »
Yeah.............you really got to watch the one's that bring their wife, dog and grandkids.....
Man........I would have never though that...
Oh well.....there's all kinds in this world.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #463 on: May 29, 2017, 02:13:58 pm »
Por Greg,  not even around to defend himself.  Guilty till prove inocent I say!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #464 on: May 29, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »
P o o r   I n n o c e n t   G r e g
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857