Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159093 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #465 on: May 29, 2017, 02:22:17 pm »
It's the quiet ones that will get you.  You never expect them.  Just look at that face.  He's up to no good.  ;D

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #466 on: May 29, 2017, 02:43:24 pm »
Just cant say enough about this years gathering. Really wish i could post pics.. and of course i didnt take enough. My beautiful wife Cathi met up with us on friday and stayed til sunday, needless to say she had an amazing time. Within the first hour of being there she said "O.k... I love all these guys." Thanx guys for welcoming her with open arms. Didnt get much done as bow work goes, but spent a fair amount of time hanging with friends and making new friends. Can honestly say this was The Best Shoot Ever. Made a great trade with Bill... hackberry for hackberry, i love it bud. Met A-a-ron for the first time and he gave me a nice piece of osage... thanx again. We honored Norm Blaker with a signed plaque, thanking him for starting this event 24 yrs ago.... there's just so many things bouncing around in my head from this past few days that i cant possibly write it all down here. I cant thank all of ya"ll enough for being the good folk that you are. "Done had a good time"
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #467 on: May 29, 2017, 03:05:42 pm »
Made it home will be a couple of days unpacking but any time I get a chance I will look thru the pics and find someone to pot for us
Thank you to all my PA family for helping out with another great event!
Should  have taken A Pic when pulling out as  for Wilder Creek  looked a bit sad we were gone for another year
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline JonW

« Reply #468 on: May 29, 2017, 03:18:30 pm »
I'm glad you guys picked up the slack for me and made Mikey feel loved! Wish I coulda been there.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #469 on: May 29, 2017, 03:21:52 pm »
Wish I coulda been there.

Will be SUPER cool when that happens.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #470 on: May 29, 2017, 03:27:16 pm »
Jon, we tried to be as friendly and helpful to Knoll as possible  >:D

Mike, your wife fit right in and was one of the "guys" in no time. 

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #471 on: May 29, 2017, 03:34:31 pm »
Well guy's this is my second trip to Marshall and I feel like its my second home now for sure.  I feel honored to be part of the pa group that was there.  And to be able to share camp with one of my best friends. 
It never stops amazing me the amount of kindness and hospitality I have seen and received on my endevors to these typs of events.  Wither its hitching a ride,  borrowing a tent or the randome tool (even if you break it)  or offering food and drinks or even saying,  "take it home with you,  and send me what you can when you can"  you really don't know how much that means to me.
Some of you know Ive been pretty down on my luck recently and have quite a bit going on at home and with myself.  I really appreciated the bend of your ears for a few minutes. 
No one can begin to discribed the feeling you get when your only a few miles away and anticipating pulling in the gates. Or the feeling of pulling out on the last day after saying good by to all of your family that you can't wait to see again.  Then talking about your experience for the next 8 hours with your good friend.  Then thinking about your next trip until you finally pull into your own drive way after another 2.5 hours on the road.  At that moment you realize the experience you just had was something special.  And you can't wait till the next go around.
Who ever knew that playing with sticks and stones could ever be so much fun! A big thanks to Wilder Creek conservation Club and to all of my friends and family for making this trip so good.

P.S.  Bill ill wear my new crown with honor! But hopefully after my doctors visit I'll be passing the champion ship "loudest snorer in camp" back to you next year!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #472 on: May 29, 2017, 03:42:21 pm »
But hopefully after my doctors visit I'll be passing the championship "loudest snorer in camp" back to you next year!

Patrick

I think Kyle's dad will be taking that honor

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #473 on: May 29, 2017, 03:49:10 pm »
Thanks Clint! Just let me know who to pass it on to after the first night!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #474 on: May 29, 2017, 03:49:48 pm »
Susie and I just got home. The entire stay was fantastic but I really think Sunday night was almost my favorite. We already missed you all but still had a few diehards left. We came up with some real fun stuff for next year, all top secret but it's good. Next year is the 25th I can't wait. Only 358 more days
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #475 on: May 29, 2017, 04:24:15 pm »
I really kick myself in the a$$ this year for missing the "bear shoot across the pond" when was it???
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline sleek

« Reply #476 on: May 29, 2017, 04:48:39 pm »
Yeah, I was all geared up to shoot the bear with my 100 pound war bow  but never found out when.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #477 on: May 29, 2017, 05:16:17 pm »
Originally it was scheduled to be after adult jug shoots. But I think darkness overcame the schedule.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #478 on: May 29, 2017, 05:19:36 pm »
Wish I coulda been there.

Will be SUPER cool when that happens.

Yeah .. from what I here ....I'd like to meet ya..................see if it's all true.... :) ;)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #479 on: May 29, 2017, 05:20:28 pm »
Man talk about being thrown under the bus, thought you guys were my friends. ;D
Not sure what this camera business is about but if I were you Knoll I'd be questioning those dirty hippies that were beating the drum in the camp next door to me. Seemed like they ate nothing but trout and crappy all weekend and that alone is just fishy!

Man what a fun time it was at Marshall again this year, every minute was enjoyable but the laughs around the campfire were the highlight for me. More than a few times I had tears coming from my eyes from the laughter. Always special to hang with these guys
and gals and this year we also had some new campers around the fire who fit right in. I hope everyone who was there this year is back again next year. The the folks at Wilder Creek did an outstanding job again this year, thanks for all you do and especially the way you make it fun for the kids. The raffle was outstanding, Sharon is thrilled to have won the bow by her friend Danzan Bar, she's been lucky at raffles the past few gatherings. The trade blanket was entertaining I got some super nice items there myself. The bow making pavilion was always buzzing with activity and Paul once again helped kids with all kinds of projects from bow making to crafting sheaths for knives. Not sure if it was Cindy, Paul, Heather or a combo of them and others who brought card games for the kids but that was a big hit with the young ones. Lots of new friendships made among the kids as well. I can't wait to get back there for more next year. 
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.