Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159144 times)

Offline Badly Bent

Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #480 on: May 29, 2017, 05:22:12 pm »
some more;
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #481 on: May 29, 2017, 05:24:16 pm »
and more yet;

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #482 on: May 29, 2017, 05:25:27 pm »
and the last of 'em;

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #483 on: May 29, 2017, 05:32:01 pm »
"Sleeping Prince" picture is perfect confirmation of a kid's good time.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #484 on: May 29, 2017, 05:35:05 pm »
Originally it was scheduled to be after adult jug shoots. But I think darkness overcame the schedule.

Oh...man that was always a bunch of fun... I think it should be early Saturday before lunch....might get a bunch involved then.  I think that is the "Signature" of the Marshall Gathering.  I can remember reading years ago of Norm Blaker and Ron LeClaire shooting at the bear and always wanting to shoot it......I have always wanted to HIT the bear.  We had a blast shooting at the bear with the mini bows last year.....

I will be glad to help organize the shoot next year if you guys need any help.
Be Glad to..............
DBar
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:03:26 pm by Danzn Bar »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #485 on: May 29, 2017, 05:42:18 pm »
Great pictures Greg..........Yep Nate sums up the weekend...I been doing that all day today... :) :)
DBar
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:22:29 pm by Danzn Bar »

Offline nakedfeet

• AJD Archery & Outdoors
« Reply #486 on: May 29, 2017, 06:02:48 pm »
Nice meeting everyone new I got to meet, and as always it was great to see everyone I already knew! I was pretty run down and low on energy by the end of it, but I still had a great time.

Tried to get more this year than years prior.

Several in the "bow shop"

Friday night when we all still had energy

Paul working with a first-time bowyer, working on a pretty cool Hop Hornbeam reflex-deflex bow

I've seen this guy at several events, but I don't think I've ever caught his name. But I thought his Yumi was cool and I snapped a few pictures of him shooting.

Mike shooting his Hackberry recurve. Nice bends on that thing.

These two shots in the "circle of death" were tough, long downhill shots, with lots of skunk cabbage behind the targets

Another long downhill shot that we "all" made really nice shots on

Here's my friend David working on tillering his first bow. It's an American Elm stave that he liberated from a work site. Got it shooting over the weekend. His first bow puts most of ours to shame. He'll be building really, really nice ones in no time.

And here's a little snake eating some lunch.

Offline RyanR

« Reply #487 on: May 29, 2017, 08:34:10 pm »
What a great time. Within a few hours I realized all the stress from daily life was gone. I sure would like to get the wife and kid to come. I think they would like it.
It was nice spending time with friends old and new. I enjoyed meeting DVS, A-Aron, BJ and a few others.
I wish I could have showed up a couple days earlier. Maybe next year. The time sure flew by. I really enjoyed everyone's pictures. Now we have to wait another year before it all happens again.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #488 on: May 29, 2017, 08:44:09 pm »
Great pics Mike and lots of 'em. Perhaps we'll meet again in August my friend.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #489 on: May 29, 2017, 09:01:44 pm »
Great pictures Mike.  Looks like you missed a few though  >:D  I can't wait to see you next year
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #490 on: May 29, 2017, 09:10:37 pm »
Really liked your pictures Mike.......Glad you didn't post the others that Clint showed me on your camera....... :) ;)
DBar

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #491 on: May 29, 2017, 09:15:51 pm »
Soooooo many pictures this year! Will be great for "the remembering" a few months from now.

A shame we can't do this monthly. 'Course, then it wouldn't be quite so special . . . .
MI in August may happen.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #492 on: May 29, 2017, 09:24:08 pm »
I have so many pictures it could take days to post them. Man what a great time. Ryan it was great to meet you to but you gotta look at the glass half full. It's actually less than a year till the next one and it's gonna be even better.
Here's some pictures
Loading the bare essentials
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #493 on: May 29, 2017, 09:29:20 pm »
First couple days where spotty showers but lots of work in the pavilion

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #494 on: May 29, 2017, 09:36:18 pm »
Didn't get to set up with the cool gang. My wife likes the spot by the bathroom and showers. We did have a nice romantic dinner the first night.
Bjrogg
By the way any one who'd like to join us we always have lots of food. Just ask Frank, Landen and Dave.