Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159035 times)

Offline ksnow

Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2017, 10:39:35 am »
And a few more pics.
Sleek and bjrogg shooting the jug shoot.

Guy and Matt (I hope I got that right) showing how it's done. Those pink arrows were magic.

DVShunter and Michael (I hope on that one too, too many names and faces).

Some of the beautiful goods I came home with.

Kyle

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #541 on: May 30, 2017, 10:51:12 am »
That young man's bow turned out amazing.  Patrick is one of the most selfless men I have ever met, always willing to listen and help, no matter what you asked. 

Kyle

Thanks you very much Kyle,  I really enjoyed visiting with you. 
Im pretty sure I was as proud of how his bow turned out as he was to have finally finished his first bow.  Sometimes of you may remember him,  he has been working on that stave for the last 4 years at Marshall.  He said that was the only 2 days or so he would mess with it because of how challenging of a piece of wood it was.  The stave had to have been very old when he got it.  Had a high crown lots of pin knots and 2 small limbs growing out the back.  If finish tillered to 60@28, 63 TPT slightly bending in the handle at full draw, exactly what he wanted.  I want to Thank Pearl,  DVS, Chris Gault and A-aron for their expert opinions when I needed a needed a hand with his bow. I personally would have been very happy to have made that bow for myself.   :BB

Here are just the few pictures that I managed to get.  Once again so busy I forgot to take pictures! Plus my phone was normally plugged in or dead.   :-M

Sleek 's son Daniel drawing the bow that I have to him a year ago. Might be time for a new one sleek!

Mike doing some torture testing.  Looking good though buddy!

My new flea market find draw knife.  I christened it Thursday night at the pavilion.  I still never got that ring chased!  )W(

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #542 on: May 30, 2017, 10:57:23 am »
Im really enjoying the pictures guys! I missed some of the shooting so it was cool to catch up on that.  Keep them coming!

Oh yeah,  Onebowwonder,  you was truly missed! Everyone kept asking me about you! I bet your ears were burning! And Bruce kept calling me Eric, lol!

Last couple of pictures,  I believe this guys name is Wes,  I can't remember either.  Very knowledgable guy.  He has some cool bows he has made.  He wouldn't let me shoot the yumi but I did draw it a few times.  Man it was cool!

Marley didnt have a blanket in the cabin of the truck on the way home.  So when she got cold she pulled the pillow case off and put it over her head while she tried to nap.  This is all the pictures I got. 

Patrick
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:08:44 am by lebhuntfish »
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #543 on: May 30, 2017, 11:35:24 am »
Patrick I know exactly what you mean about having to much fun to take pictures. That happened to me last year and I really tried to remember to get some this year. Of course some of the times I had was having the most fun I didn't get pictures, but I did much better than last year. My arm was ready to fall off by the time Sleek and I were done shooting the jug. A slight malfunction caused the pullies to jam and we had to of fired over 100 arrows at them jugs between the two of us. Wish I had a picture of those jugs.

Onebow really missed you buddy. You gotta try get there next year is 25th and gonna be special. Maybe if the new building is done in the back I might even get to set up with the cool crowd.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #544 on: May 30, 2017, 11:42:36 am »
BJ we will have to take a cool guys group vote, you may or may not be able to hang out with us. Better mind your Ps & Qs this year. We will have a few gals voting as well, so butter em' good.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline ksnow

« Reply #545 on: May 30, 2017, 11:51:00 am »
Pearl Drums, did you see the pictures of the food he had?  That gets my vote.

Kyle

Thanks for letting my dad and I camp with the cool guys.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #546 on: May 30, 2017, 11:56:25 am »
Kyle we didn't let you, you just nudged right in like you owned the joint, lucky we were all busy at the pavilion when you came in or we would have stopped you at the entrance to the cool field. Too late for a vote now, so you're in for next year :) BJ is just using us for the soon-to-be power hook ups.

It was a pleasure having you and the ol' man. You guys fit right in like old vets from the moment you jumped out of the truck. I heard your dads wing bone calls most of the weekend, that was great!

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #547 on: May 30, 2017, 12:13:33 pm »
Nice bow you made for your wife BJ. Glad she likes it. These pictures are great. Makes me really regret missing it this year.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #548 on: May 30, 2017, 12:25:52 pm »
Guys and Gals, I have more food pictures ribs and asparagus. I even brought all the steaks from my first Primitive Bow Buck and grilled them up for the pot Luck dinner. Just 358 more days
Bjrogg
Thanks Paul, I wish you could have made it to. I really should have done better on that bow but I really made a couple big boo boo's.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #549 on: May 30, 2017, 12:29:42 pm »
Vote Yes for BJ
Anyone like ribs?
Bjrogg

Offline sleek

« Reply #550 on: May 30, 2017, 12:34:01 pm »
Ahhhh yup! Dont know if my vote counts or not though cause I kinda just barged in myself.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #551 on: May 30, 2017, 12:37:27 pm »
Might be bit too done for my taste. Will have to hold my vote for awhile.   >:D

Oh, forgot. I may not have a vote!    ::)

These pics make ya appreciate how much was going on all around me that I had no clue!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #552 on: May 30, 2017, 12:39:39 pm »
Park any dang place you like BJ, ...long as it's close to my camp!  I wish my PC screen was 'Scratch-n-Sniff' enabled right now.  -OneBow

Offline sleek

« Reply #553 on: May 30, 2017, 12:40:37 pm »
Well, i just pulled into my deive and got unloaded. Made a second vacation out of the trip home.  Panned for gold, went hiking to ash cave in ohio and saw a waterfall in it, my son and wife went wading in the lagoon under it. Almost went canoeing down the ohio river but didnt quite have the time. Taking a shower then off to work!

Hopefully my wife will get the pics she took up on the computer so I can post tonight.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #554 on: May 30, 2017, 12:44:37 pm »
<snip>
These pics make ya appreciate how much was going on all around me that I had no clue!

Were the 'extra' pix someone put on your camera 'Scratch-n-Sniff' enabled Mike;) ;D :o ::)

OneBow