Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159072 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #555 on: May 30, 2017, 01:03:44 pm »
I have to admit Knoll, they do look over done. I was having trouble with them flaming up. They really weren't overdone just a little crispy on the outside. They really were tasty.
Thanks Onebow, we might have to make our own cool group. (=)
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #556 on: May 30, 2017, 02:20:58 pm »
Originally it was scheduled to be after adult jug shoots. But I think darkness overcame the schedule.

Oh...man that was always a bunch of fun... I think it should be early Saturday before lunch....might get a bunch involved then.  I think that is the "Signature" of the Marshall Gathering.  I can remember reading years ago of Norm Blaker and Ron LeClaire shooting at the bear and always wanting to shoot it......I have always wanted to HIT the bear.  We had a blast shooting at the bear with the mini bows last year.....

I will be glad to help organize the shoot next year if you guys need any help.
Be Glad to..............
DBar
We have a hard time staying on task for scheduling but have come up with a all new one for next year ,still tweeking. it but we want you folks to enjoy yourself to the max and just wait till we unvail it
Y'all will be chomping at the bit to get here !
See ya next year
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #557 on: May 30, 2017, 03:05:31 pm »
Guy, I don't know how you could make it any better than this year.  I don't remember the last time I had so much fun packed into 4 days. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #558 on: May 30, 2017, 03:23:07 pm »
Clint I don't want to give it away but believe me it's gonna be even better.
Bjrogg

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #559 on: May 30, 2017, 03:25:36 pm »
Vote Yes for BJ
Anyone like ribs?
Bjrogg

BJ,  you just come on down to mojam this summer and I'll make you up some ribs! Then we can see if you can make it to the cool side of camp. 
I smoked 4 full slabs last year and feed a ton of people with them.  We also have smoked squirrel and rabbit at the pavilion quite offten just for something to stack on.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #560 on: May 30, 2017, 03:55:14 pm »
Patrick I have know doubt you'd beet me hands down in a rib cook off my friend. I'll see what I can do, but I'm afraid I could end up being voted out of the cool gang😢.
Bjrogg

Offline RyanR

« Reply #561 on: May 30, 2017, 03:59:35 pm »
I think that might be Pearly's quiver  ;D
That was my first thought also.

Offline Patches

« Reply #562 on: May 30, 2017, 04:07:38 pm »
Vote Yes for BJ
Anyone like ribs?
Bjrogg

BJ,  you just come on down to mojam this summer and I'll make you up some ribs! Then we can see if you can make it to the cool side of camp. 
I smoked 4 full slabs last year and feed a ton of people with them.  We also have smoked squirrel and rabbit at the pavilion quite offten just for something to stack on.

Patrick

BJ,   Patrick's ribs were pretty good!  They didn't last too long though.  I cooked two smokers full of deer backstrap wrapped in bacon that barely even made it off the grill.  We eat good that's for sure. 

You ought to try to come to Mojam this year if at all possible.  It is at Marshall too.  Must be something about bowmaking get togethers in towns named Marshall.

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #563 on: May 30, 2017, 04:25:02 pm »
Patrick I have know doubt you'd beet me hands down in a rib cook off my friend. I'll see what I can do, but I'm afraid I could end up being voted out of the cool gang😢.
Bjrogg

Naw, at Mojam it's usually so hot that we're all "Cool"...  :)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #564 on: May 30, 2017, 04:36:25 pm »
Thanks guys I'd really love to get down there. I was just looking at the dates and that is when my cousin is coming back home from California. In all honesty I feel lucky just to make one of these events but sure am great full for you guys that travel up here to play with us. I really feel like I owe ya all. Hopefully some day I can make the circuit.
Bjrogg

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #565 on: May 30, 2017, 05:36:39 pm »
I'm pretty sure that's Marley's quiver. Thanks for picking it up for her. Believe it or not, it's the first time it's been totally forgotten.

I'll post more pics tonight if photo bucket starts working
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #566 on: May 31, 2017, 07:32:27 am »
Gotta bunch of pics from Mike (stixandstones) to post. Nice full draws shots bud.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #567 on: May 31, 2017, 07:33:19 am »
Smore'
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #568 on: May 31, 2017, 07:34:37 am »
And even smore'

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #569 on: May 31, 2017, 07:43:39 am »
Great pictures guys.  I don't think I've ever seen so many pictures posted from one shoot before.  It sure brings back some fond memories.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left