Author Topic: Marshall 2017  (Read 159085 times)

Offline ksnow

Re: Marshall 2017
« Reply #570 on: May 31, 2017, 08:06:11 am »
All of these pictures are great.  They sure keep the memories fresh.  And, hopefully they inspire more people to attend a great event.

Kyle

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #571 on: May 31, 2017, 08:29:29 am »
Great pictures guys.  I don't think I've ever seen so many pictures posted from one shoot before.  It sure brings back some fond memories.
I agree Osage and we still haven't had the  big group picture posted yet. It's hard for me to believe that just a few years ago this event almost went away.
I really wish I had gotten more pictures of trade blanket and adult jug shoot. Also dinner and auction.
It really is hard to remember to take pictures when your having so much fun.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #572 on: May 31, 2017, 08:35:49 am »
Primitive Archer members are the biggest reason for the resurgence, BJ. I see VERY few new faces that aren't PA members. 6 years ago it was Guy, Matt, Mike and me as far as PA members. This year there were 23-24 members. I see no reason for that number to decrease soon. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #573 on: May 31, 2017, 08:38:45 am »
I'm glad you guys liked the trade blanket.  I wasn't sure how it would go over.  In my opinion its a lot better than the typical flea market style for a small group of traders like we have at Marshall. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #574 on: May 31, 2017, 08:46:42 am »
I took a lot of really cool things and memories home from Marshall but my favorite by far is that my wife started shooting and has shot every day since I gave her bow to her. I got home last night and it was a bit windy and on the cool side, but she wanted to shoot.😊😊
Better yet it was contagious and my youngest son sent about 3 dozen down range to. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better
Bjrogg

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #575 on: May 31, 2017, 09:04:45 am »
Give me some time to get caught up and i will send someone my pics to post does anybody know how to post a video or do I want to do a YouTube page first?
If only I could do this modern stuff as easily as the Primitive.
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #576 on: May 31, 2017, 10:28:55 am »
I just now got the chance to get caught up on all these posts.  Wow.   I had such a great time meeting so many new faces.  A special thank you goes out to the wilder creek conservation club for putting on such a wonderful event.  The grounds were top notch, as well as all the people.  From the moment I pulled in I felt welcomed right in. It was great getting to finally shake hands with so many PA folks, Pearly, Paul, Stix and Cathi, ksnow, Ryan, nakedfeet, BJ. It was also great getting to spend some time with a few I have met before, Clint, Greg and Sharon, Bill, Guy, Matt, Patrick, Mr Hill, Dvs, Sleek and a handful more that I am forgetting. Saturday night was the highlight of the trip for me, getting to share a campfire and lots of laughs.  I also got a sweet deal during the trade blanket and ended up taking home a very nice badly bent bow, something I have been wanting for a long time now.
I guess I could sum up the whole trip by saying "I done had a good time"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:43:43 am by Aaron H »

Offline bubby

« Reply #577 on: May 31, 2017, 11:42:08 am »
Whats nice also is when you finally meet these guys and they are even better guys than you thought. That was what i came away with last year
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #578 on: May 31, 2017, 11:51:44 am »
Whats nice also is when you finally meet these guys and they are even better guys than you thought. That was what i came away with last year
So true Bubby so true. It really is like Pearl said. It's the PA members plus a few others like Bruce and Cindy that make this so special. Wilder Creek is awesome but you could put us all in the desert or the North Pole and we'd all have a good old time
Bjrogg

Offline bubby

« Reply #579 on: May 31, 2017, 12:56:18 pm »

For guy
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ksnow

« Reply #580 on: May 31, 2017, 01:42:40 pm »
I am humbled to be included in a group of such talented Bowyers.

Kyle

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #581 on: May 31, 2017, 01:45:42 pm »
Good thing I just have to type now cause I can't talk just looking at that picture. Awesome picture Guy, thanks buddy sure wish you were in there.
Bjrogg

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #582 on: May 31, 2017, 01:51:39 pm »
I am humbled to be included in a group of such talented Bowyers.

Kyle

Sure thing, whatever. You owe me $14 for that string :).

I have been around most of these guys for long enough now that its much deeper than anything archery related. They are some of my best friends on earth and mean a lot to me. There isn't much I wouldn't do for them, regardless of the distance between us.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #583 on: May 31, 2017, 01:54:18 pm »

Front row:  Stixnstones-Mike, Badly Bent-Greg, DVS-Dave, Sleek-Kevin, Lebhuntfish-Patrick

Middle row:  David??, ??, Naked feet-Tony, Danznbar-Bill, Pearly, RyanR, Guy, Yew Archer-Steve, Chris Gault, K. Snow-Kyle, Willis, Knoll-Mike

Back row:  A-a-ron, Paul Semp, Matt Wirwicki, Osage Outlaw-Clint, BJ Rogg.  Back far right is Bowmo-Daniel

Maybe someone can fill in the question marks for me
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:59:16 pm by osage outlaw »
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #584 on: May 31, 2017, 01:56:44 pm »
The fella to the right of Guy is Steve "Yew Archer". He doesn't visit here often anymore, but plans to. The guy right of Davis is a fella from Michigan I was helping out. I think he just slid in for a pic with a bunch of super cool cats.