Author Topic: Knapp'n on the toilet....tank  (Read 17834 times)

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
Re: Knapp'n on the toilet....tank
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 01:22:14 pm »
Bishop...that's too much.  ;D

I kind of stumbled onto the tank by accident.  I was walking the dogs on a old place we used to rent looking for Osage, (I found some nice trees too, but that will be a different post).  I came upon a gully with a bunch of trash, and the whole toilet was there, shinning in the sun, (que choir music).  I found an old wheel drum to break it into small enough pieces to haul out, (and yes, I cut my self  :-[ ) I had almost a mile to trek to get back to the road.  As I was walking out, I passed a tank battery where they were pulling oil off into tankers. The guy doing the pumping saw me and had to wonder what in the world I was up to, (take Bishop's hypothetical script and change the words a little and that's probably how it would have gone had the guy had the nerve to ask me what in the world I was doing.  Luckily he was polite and let it go.   :D :D :D).  When I got back to the house, my wife just shook her head.  She was polite too and didn't ask "why?". 

While I said it was my first point, it wasn't my first try.  I've busted one or two or whacked then down to nothing trying to get rid of those pesky steps and hinges.   :'(.   It's just the first one that looked like something at the end of the day. 

I'm up for a Knapping "tank off".  Sounds like fun.
Otoe

So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Bishop

Re: Knapp'n on the toilet....tank
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 06:02:15 pm »
Otoe
that is a fine point and i should have let you know that before i tried to be funny, i showed it to my wife and she thought i was fibbing about it being part of a toilet. Nice Work!!!
you know like most other things, when i didnt want a old toilet i would see them often, but now that i want to find one its like they dont exist..lol.

Cowboy steer clear of those fines. and your right, it prob would be, "sir we have a burn ban, here is your ticket and the bill for the fire truck".

glad i could give a few of you a chuckle.

Bishop