Author Topic: Toilet knapping contest- become famous and win fabulous prizes!!!  (Read 35828 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Toilet knapping contest- become famous and win fabulous prizes!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2008, 06:13:49 pm »
Thankee, Bob.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2008, 07:26:08 pm »
Very nice point Hillbilly. I will have to get you to give me some help at the CTA shoot in May. I definetly need it.
nugget
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Keenan

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 08:03:19 pm »
  Way to go Hillbilly,  With one that good I think I just gave up ::)
 I've never even tried this crapy material until now and now I know why.  Cut my teeth on obsidian and with plenty of it around here I never ventured to get myself in trouble with the the royal throne.  Beat the crap out of a few pieces this afternoon but ended up breaking everything eventually.  Is it normal for that stuff to give off various oders while napping it ???  Keenan

Offline DanaM

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2008, 08:05:29 pm »
Depends did ya flush first :o
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2008, 08:34:42 pm »
Great Job Guys. I was on the road today, so no Kappin' for me.  Maybe I'll take some to work with me tomorrow and sneak off at lunch and make some flakes.  I think I'll make a hatchet.  After all, I still have the handle..... ;D

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2008, 09:00:42 pm »
Nice knife Jamie! Well I'll tell ya Steve - looks like you been on the john awhile :D. That's one hell of a nice lookin Dalton!! I have yet to get around any Johnstone but will give it the dickens when I get home - have patience ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2008, 09:56:47 pm »
Thanks guys. One thing about johnstone, it's crappy stuff, but it'll teach you to build good platforms, it has no tolerance for bad ones. If you don't get the right platform built, the flake will step or hinge,  or the whole piece will break. Oh, and a disclaimer: the stains on the preform are blood, not something else.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2008, 10:45:15 pm »
Oh yeah, meant to add that I saw some blood on there - I had a leak myself today ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2008, 10:43:08 am »
I thought that was blood.  I cut myself hauling my tank out of the dump.  I feel official now.   ;)

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

jamie

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2008, 11:22:06 am »
wicked nice piece steve

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2008, 03:16:43 pm »
Come on guys, based on the number of entries, I'd say I'm in second place.  ;D.  We need more.   8)

Otoe

Dingleberry

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008, 08:14:18 pm »
Steve, that point is craptastic!  Allright, I'm gonna get to gettin!    I'm gonna go there; blood from your hand or blood from your????? (rhymes with cool).....sorry ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008, 09:27:28 pm »
 I'll get one on here this weekend, Turkeys are starting to take over my life for awhile.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2008, 10:33:41 pm »
My Johnstone attempts have been CRAPPY! Everytime I try and make one it turns into Crap. No luck yet will keep trying.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 12:48:13 am »
Eddie, lucky you.   :D.  I've made a deal for a place to hunt, just getting time to do a little scouting is hard, seeing that it's about 45 miles away.  Based on what I've seen you guys do, I feel the silver (and bronze) slippin' away.   8)

Otoe