Author Topic: Toilet knapping contest- become famous and win fabulous prizes!!!  (Read 35759 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Well, not really, but I thought it would be fun to look at some toiletite/johnstone points from some of our knappers as you get time and material to work on them, no rush, post'em as you make'em. Give that old toilet a more dignified existance-let's see some recycled crappers.  ;D We could come up with a particular point type to try to make, or just make whatever.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
Re: Toilet knapping contest- become famous and win fabulous prizes!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:24:24 pm »
This will be interesting.  I just hope this thread doesn't take the turn that most do and somehow turn to food.   ???

I'm going to start on another soon. 

Otoe 
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Bishop

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 05:38:59 pm »
oh man, i hope a bunch of wives dont come home to drained toilets with the tank missing...wait, that gives me a idea....
Bishop
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 06:03:15 pm by Bishop »

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 06:53:03 pm »
Alright, I'll get this started.  I've moved one of the pictures from my other post as my entry. 

Good ole Johnstone.  I've still got plenty more where that came from. 

Otoe

[attachment deleted by admin]
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 08:02:21 pm »
Do have to use the tank? Or can you use the flat section from the bowl where the tank sits? Just curious . I have an old bolw on my work shop. Makes a nice stool.  :-X ( Pardon the pun) ;D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 08:10:23 pm »
Aww, ya went and done it now Steve ;D. I can see this turning into one of those threads that keeps ya laughin :D. OK - git home next week, go to ole homeplace, locate old crapper out in woods. At least it's been out there a good twenty years, maybe I'll find a bonus rattlesnake in it..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 08:34:36 pm »
Otoe thats a crappy point ;)  ;D Is that from a US Standard or one of them fancy French bowls ;D Oh this is gonna be fun.
Can I be the judge Hillbilly I don't know crap about knappin but I know sewage :D
Nice Point eh.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

jamie

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 09:13:11 pm »
i broke some of the wifes good plates the other day and saved em for points. now you want me to smash up the head. dude im gonna be in the doghouse ;D

Offline nugget

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 09:22:59 pm »
I guess I will take a hammer to the bowl and see what happens. I reckon I can get a few decent pieces out of the business end of that unit.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 09:26:36 pm »
Will try and squeeze out a crappy point ;) For ya 2morrow. Make do a little straining in the process.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 10:49:04 pm »
I'll try to make one tomorrow if I get a chance.

Secret to knapping johnstone: Beat the *crap out of it.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 10:56:55 pm »
I'll give it a shot, but when I get to the preassure work it may be hard to PUUUSH those flakes off :-X.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline nugget

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 11:00:49 pm »
I have almost worked up a sweat  ;D That is alot of pushing and beating and straining.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 11:10:24 pm »
  Save yourself some grief with the wife, go to McDonald's and take the lid off their toilet.  Steve, are we going for the thinnest, and prettiest thunder chert point?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline david w.

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 11:12:37 pm »
I dont have any crap stone :'( if i take a piece of our thunder mug i bet no one would notice ;D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo