Author Topic: G-Pop’s Gravitas by Michael M. Moore  (Read 22204 times)

Offline edmott

G-Pop’s Gravitas by Michael M. Moore
« on: August 06, 2016, 08:39:28 pm »
Are we allowed to comment?  Seems like politics, is that allowed?

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: G-Pop’s Gravitas by Michael M. Moore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 08:58:29 pm »
Nope.  Politics free zone here.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline GB

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 03:45:09 pm »
I guess I don't understand why we can't reply.  Or why Mr. Moore uses PA as a soap box for his political views.  His latest rant in the August/September issue has made me decide to not renew my subscription. 
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 06:17:58 pm »
This forum is made for communicating with the editor regarding his/her writings. The rest of the forums are not for religious or political views.

I'll start. GB, I'm right there with you. While its not a matter of agreement or disagreement with Mike's views, its a matter of, "what was that?" in my archery magazine. I read along hoping it would lead directly to a land use or hunting rights violation story. I suppose in an incredibly vague way, it could to some people.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline GB

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 01:13:55 am »
Yeah, Chris, I feel the same way.  I have a half dozen news feeds on my toolbar and there are umpteen other websites for me to keep current with election news.  The problem I have is that I feel very strongly against the candidate that Mr. Moore is so strongly for.  I have no idea if he is a campaign donor, but I don't want to be an indirect donor as a subscriber if that is the case. 
I'll miss the bow building articles and Marc's bamboo backed yellow heart build was super.  But, I see the people on here as the kind who stand up for their beliefs and principles, and I have to do the same.
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline wildwills

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 04:52:51 pm »
I also agree, in that I thought Primitive Archery magazine was about classical archery, the sport and tradition of archery, bowhunting and the passing along of primitive skills.  I don't begrudge Mr. Moore for this political views, even though I don't concur with his take of the state of our country.  Having differing political views and beliefs is what make this country of our great.  But I want my Primitive Archer magazine politics-free. 

I would however like the editor to confirm whether or not that will be the last political article in Primitive Archer magazine.  If it won't, then please cancel my subscription.

V/r,
Mike Wills
Mike Wills
Bugs Bunny: Why, Crusher! It's good to see you.
The Crusher: Yeah, well, I was just passing by... Dyuh... just passing by...

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 06:41:46 pm »
I have to agree with Michael Moore's perspective and relish the fact that he had the gonads to publish what I consider a thought provoking article.

Far too many nowadays seem to have their heads buried in the sand.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 01:54:57 pm »
I have to agree with Michael Moore's perspective and relish the fact that he had the gonads to publish what I consider a thought provoking article.

Far too many nowadays seem to have their heads buried in the sand.

...and now THIS thread crosses into a political discussion!

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 02:36:26 pm »
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline edmott

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 05:03:22 pm »
Did not mean to polarize people or have them stop subscriptions.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 01:00:44 pm »
Hey All,
We do appreciate your views on this and we do want to hear them.  I appreciate that you all were checking to see if it is ok to do so.
What is even more helpful is to send Ed Ingold a direct email.  editor@primitivearcher.com
He has received quite a few and you will see in this issue his opinions and responses to it.  All your comments are welcomed to that email and we also know that there will be no more political statements in future issues.   
Your faithfulness to this forum and the magazine are greatly appreciated.
~marie
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 01:08:27 pm »
Marie,

That is welcome news.  I consider Primitive Archer Magazine to be my prescription for relief from everyday anxieties and stresses.  I was dreading letting my subscription drop over this issue.

John

Offline wildwills

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 04:24:42 pm »
Hey All,
We do appreciate your views on this and we do want to hear them.  I appreciate that you all were checking to see if it is ok to do so.
What is even more helpful is to send Ed Ingold a direct email.  editor@primitivearcher.com
He has received quite a few and you will see in this issue his opinions and responses to it.  All your comments are welcomed to that email and we also know that there will be no more political statements in future issues.   
~marie

I sent a personal email to the editor asking my print subscription to be cancelled if PA was going to continue with the political rants.  Haven't received my Oct/Nov issue, so I guess that question has been answered.
Mike Wills
Bugs Bunny: Why, Crusher! It's good to see you.
The Crusher: Yeah, well, I was just passing by... Dyuh... just passing by...

Online Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 04:31:11 pm »
Oct and Nov hasn't come out yet.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 12:25:13 am »
Hey All,
~marie
the magazine is late coming out due to some odd circumstances.  if you have an eMag you can read it now.   If you want me to check to see if your letter was published send me a message with your name. 

I sent a personal email to the editor asking my print subscription to be cancelled if PA was going to continue with the political rants.  Haven't received my Oct/Nov issue, so I guess that question has been answered.
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.