Author Topic: Your hunting set up! Pics and descriptions  (Read 11290 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Your hunting set up! Pics and descriptions
« on: August 07, 2016, 10:49:07 am »
I'm in a mad dash to get my arrows ready and thought it'd be cool if we all share what our set up will be this year. Bow, arrows, quiver, knife, heck moccasins. Post it ladies and gents! I'll post up mine once I finish a couple more arrows.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Your hunting set up! Pics and descriptions
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 01:05:58 pm »
I'll be hunting with the bow I got from Simon in the Invitational Bow Trade. I haven't determined which arrows yet but it will either be sourwood shoot arrows, Hill cane arrows or poplar arrows. My hunting quiver is a GFA style I made from an old Selway bow quiver. My moccasins will be LL Bean 14" Maine hunting boots. I'll get some pics when I decide on the arrows.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 05:37:04 pm »
I don't know yet. Our season opens next weekend and I'm probably leaving for Alberta.Got my Work Visa Application. ::)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline helmet

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 08:27:03 pm »
This is a oregon white ash bow that I built about 20 years ago, 50lbs at 26" , the arrows are dowels that dad bought probably 20 years ago and they are fletched with turkey, I will put zwickey broadheads on and make sure they shoot good. The quiver is elk hide. I have been shooting this bow alot this year , it is the only shooter I have that is a selfbow in a hunting weight. It feels good to get arrow tuned to this bow again.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 09:31:12 pm »
I'm very impressed and admire those selfbow makers that have bows still flinging arrows after years of shooting......
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 10:44:57 pm »
I'm still working on my hunting gear, but it will be a r/d Osage and gray dogwood shoot shaft arrows with stone points.   I'll post some pictures when I'm finished

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 09:03:22 am »
OK here goes....The gear here is for an ambush type hunt.Blind or tree stand.Safety harness/Leafy suit/camo gloves/camo face mask/grunt,rattlers & doe bleat/latest favorite bow/black or fisher coonhide quiver & dogwood arrows/armguard shooting glove for bow hand/& my brain tan possibles bag.
I keep my clothes in a barrel with sage and golden rod plants 100% of the time.The clothes for a stalk type of hunt are different.Tighter fitting so to speak.Main concern is to break up my outline,but have shot a few just in regular flannel shirts and jeans too.The key is to sit still.
Photobucket for some reason is not transferring my pictures to this forum at this time.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 03:48:23 pm »
OK here's some pics.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Knotty

• Don't regret your past, learn from it.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 05:18:55 pm »
And of course here comes Beadman with his badass set ! That looks amazing .
~Isaia

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 08:54:34 am »
Excellent gear you got there Ed,  but what are the kittens for? ??? ::)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2016, 08:55:51 am »
bait! 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 09:18:01 am »
Those are highly trained hunting kittens, old world technique, very effective...

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2016, 11:33:06 am »
I'm not sure if it's bad ass or not but it works for me till something better comes along....lol.If a person wants to be serious about this hunting good gear is a must.I'm waiting to see someone post an all brain tan leather set up.That would be cool for sure.No need for scent covers with that set up.
Those little cats are my mouse extermination factors.I used to have a mouse problem here.No more!!!Over 2 dozen cats live here.Started with one momma cat 2 years ago.Heck of a mouse catcher herself teaching her kittens and their kittens etc.They got the rabbits disappeared too.They can be a pain though getting into things like Robins' flower pots and the garden.Gotta take the good with the bad in this case.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 01:02:03 pm »
My rig has been the same for a couple of years, osage static, 56@25", chundo arrows, woodsman broadheads, cat quiver.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 02:33:14 pm »
Mine is still a work in progress. This is what I'm planning on using so far. My HHB ironwood bow still not quite finished but close enough I could go to the woods now. Three red osier shafts one obsidian point, Two flint river all spine and wieght matched and my prototype mink quiver that I actually really like but could use a bit of refinement. Looking at Ed's I can see enough to keep Santa and my birthdays used up for a few years nice well thought out and used equipment Ed.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise