Author Topic: SE Idaho Knapping groups?  (Read 4322 times)

Offline anasazi

Re: SE Idaho Knapping groups?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 09:41:53 pm »
If you ever get over to the twin falls area and need some rock let me know all I have is obsidian but it works

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 11:47:45 am »
If you ever get over to the twin falls area and need some rock let me know all I have is obsidian but it works

One of my best childhood friends lives in Twin Falls. I haven't been there in years.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 10:38:19 pm »
DD, I'm usually at one of the Chemical/Fertilizer plants working on a Drill Rig.

Don't let him fool you DD, he sits in his jeep and reads, when he isn't hitting hogs with his jeep.  He sets the rig up, and sits and reads.  Don't offer to buy him a drink, he will find some way to make it out that way! 

Wayne

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 09:45:03 am »
DD, I'm usually at one of the Chemical/Fertilizer plants working on a Drill Rig.

Don't let him fool you DD, he sits in his jeep and reads, when he isn't hitting hogs with his jeep.  He sets the rig up, and sits and reads.  Don't offer to buy him a drink, he will find some way to make it out that way! 

Wayne

Ouch. I would buy him a few just to pick his brain.

Offline dlhamblin

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 12:47:27 pm »
My name is Dan Hamblin.   I am the knapper that JoJo mentioned in an early post who lives in Ogden and a good friend to Half Eye.  I have a small shop which makes it nice to come in the winter.  I would love some company as long as you let me know a head of time.   By the way,  Bo Earls is back in Utah County and he is the best teacher ever.  However, he is one busy dude and hard to nail down for lessons.

Offline JoJoDapyro

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 01:44:58 pm »
My name is Dan Hamblin.   I am the knapper that JoJo mentioned in an early post who lives in Ogden and a good friend to Half Eye.  I have a small shop which makes it nice to come in the winter.  I would love some company as long as you let me know a head of time.   By the way,  Bo Earls is back in Utah County and he is the best teacher ever.  However, he is one busy dude and hard to nail down for lessons.

He started working with me shortly before I changed jobs. He ran the Utah county knappers for awhile before he moved. Then Mike Brown took over and ran it before moving to Cody, Wyoming, if you are near there look him up, he does weekly get togethers in his garage, and makes awesome knives and points.

https://www.facebook.com/KnapAholic?fref=ts

Mark Burdett is in the Provo Area. Jeff, you should look him up. He makes micro points. Some super awesome work.