Author Topic: Let's see some points you've found  (Read 18913 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Let's see some points you've found
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 10:01:13 pm »
That sounds like a good idea Auggie - I didn't know PA stickers could be had, if so maybe I'll come away from the classic with some :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 12:07:36 am »
Great thread and great points everybody! I'm having trouble with photobucket right now so I'll post some of mine as soon as I can.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 01:22:03 am »
Okay photobucket decided to work for me so here are some of the ones I've found here in western North Carolina over the years.
The first frame are complete or only minor breaks. My brother actually found the quartzite Savanah River with the vien across it in the middle, it's three inches long. Talk about excited, man I about died when he found that.  :o

The next two frames are mostly broken pieces

Here's a better pic of that Savanah River from the first frame along with a Kirk Corner Notch and a Woodland Period arrowhead that are also in the first pic.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline TRACY

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 10:24:38 am »
Awesome pics Alan. Here's a couple of pics of my grandfathers and then mine. I forgot to put a reference in the pics but the largest point in the 1st is 3.5". The scraper and large point are 3.75". My grandfather grew up in Battleground, IN. and lived less than a mile from Prophetstown/Battle of Tippecanoe involving Chief Tecumseh and former President William Henry Harrison. My grandfather was finding these point only 30 years after the battle.

[attachment deleted by admin]
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

DBernier

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2008, 04:30:58 pm »
Here is some "stuff" I found in the Gastonia area.

Dick

[attachment deleted by admin]