Author Topic: PA Magazine  (Read 9672 times)

Offline PaulN/KS

Re: PA Magazine
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2016, 11:27:52 pm »
I must have forgot to renew...

With all this "Hubbub" I'm wondering if I should have waited..?  ???

Offline TimBo

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 09:37:47 am »
Yep, not a fan of the political rant - it is absolutely not appropriate for the magazine.  Not to mention having a hunting story featuring a Black Widow bow, and the mention (in Ed's editorial) of adding articles on blackpowder firearms...both of which are great, but why are they in a magazine about primitive archery?  Hmmmm...maybe it is time to take a break from my subscription and get to work reading the complete set of PA back issues I got a couple of years ago. 

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2016, 09:37:54 pm »
I read that also Tim had to read it 2 times to make sure I was reading it right.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 02:36:19 pm »
Wow, now I'm kinda curious, lol.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 09:48:45 pm »
Get a subscription and you too can read it. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2016, 09:18:10 am »
Get a subscription and you too can read it. :)

Touché!

Stringman

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2016, 11:37:41 am »
Is this like Hollywood, where they say any publicity is good publicity?!?   ???

Let's face it guys, he owns the rag and it's gotta be tough selling print in today's tech era. Besides, there's probably better things to gripe about out there. You don't like it, don't buy it. Nobody forced you to read it.

Here's a challenge - find a better magazine or group of guys on the newsstand. I'm not part of this community because it's the best of a bunch of bad choices, it's the top of the heap. JMHO

Now let's go hunting! 8)

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2016, 12:29:17 pm »
with a house full of people and a few thousand $(struts, seal replacements, brakes, tires, etc) of vehicle repairs between two cars I have not got $ for a subscription... I know its not much... I just ain't got it right now.  :(

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2016, 09:57:40 pm »
Yea, like Scott said, nobody has to read it. I send money to the NRA and get American Rifleman. I never read all of the Political crap, gets to be the same old stuff after awhile. And I didn't even bother to read the Black Widow article, either. I will read the muzzle loading one, though. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bubby

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2016, 10:57:27 pm »
Yeah I'm not a fan of editorials and didn't read it till i saw this post. Personally i won't mind the black powder part at all though
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline chamookman

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2016, 04:07:31 am »
Black Powder Guns, 'Specially Flintlocks - go hand and hand with Primitive Archery I believe. My .02 - Bob.
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline JEB

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2016, 06:40:53 am »
I  two subscribed magazines PA and Backwoodsman. Used to get Traditional Bowhunter  but got sick of reading about hunts in Africa so I didn't renew it.  Any magazine that goes in a direction that I don't agree with or don't want to read about I just don't renew it.  That's what Barnes and Noble is for, a cup of coffee and a handful of magazines off the rack which by the way is OK and encourage by them.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2016, 07:26:31 am »
I ordered a steak and got a hot dog this month.  I didn't pay for a hotdog or order a hotdog.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JEB

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2016, 07:41:05 am »
The magazine is called, "Primitive Archer" not and "black powder".  My thoughts they are running out of archery hunts and gear builds so without being repetitive  they appear or hinted that they are going to expand into other areas of traditional hunting ways, IE: black powder.  Which would be OK with me.  I don't get the political article but he is the owner of the magazine and he can stock the shelves anyway he wants. As mentioned, I am also a member of the NRA and almost never read the magazine but I do take it to bow making night and pass it on.

It is what it is.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2016, 08:33:02 am »
Seems pretty hard to avoid the political stuff completely. I understand what your saying but I was far less offended than I am by Hollywood, Sport Superstars and any number of other groups trying to cram there lifestyles on myself and my kids and grandkids. He does at least own the magazine and isn't make a fortune just because he looks pretty. Hope that doesn't offend to many I do hear what your saying afraid it just hard to avoid and people really have strong feelings about this political stuff. When my buddies and I got together we decided we wouldn't talk about it kinda sad it's come to that but we just smoked the peace pipe and everything was good
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise