Author Topic: close encounter with a huge bull  (Read 6655 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: close encounter with a huge bull
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »
Dakota Kid, thank for the input,, doing a few practice draws is a great idea,, it will keep you warmed up a bit,,
and you are right, practice is practice,, even at 10 yards will keep your form good enough to translate to the longer range with no problem,,
I will get to go some tomorrow and hope to try some shooting theories in a real hunting  :)situation,,

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 12:31:57 pm »
yesterday was my last day to hunt, I had to work today,,
the weather was hot,, I heard a bull early in the morning, but that was it,, just heard him,, I did some stump shooting in the middle of the day and waited it out till dark hoping to hear or see something, but that was how it went,,
I feel like the first encounter was the shot,, and you have to dance when the spot light shines, ,whenever that is,, I had a great hunt and really tuned up my shooting,, I am very happy with the way my bow and laminated birch shafts are shooting,, my legs are in alot better shape for sure,, so its all good, I gave it my best shot, and the elk won  :)
I get to go hunting deer in Texas in Oct so I am going to fine tune a set up for that,, a little shorter bow,,,
my friends took some photos with there phones,, I will post those asap,, it was beautiful country,,

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 10:24:57 pm »
You be Brad.A hunt is a hunt that's why they call it that.Sounds stupid but that's the way it is.You'll be primed up for those deer.A day of hunting is worth what????Look forward tom the pics.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 10:33:50 pm »
Nice thing about it there's always next year.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 10:51:34 pm »
Well blast, I have only been out west hunting once and I did not fill any tags, still a wonderfully gratifying time. I know what you mean about that moment with an animal in the hunt that once it has passed.. it was your shot,  we hunters and those before us are just as connected in those moments as in the kill. I just send up a prayer of gratitude that my family won't starve because of it! Chase those whitetail, best of luck