Author Topic: How to line the tips up with the center if the stave is reflexed through the cen  (Read 4956 times)

gutpile

Stalker.....exactly....!!!!!!

Online Pat B

• Administrator
I wait until I get to low brace to get an accurate string position.  Like said above, leave the tips wide and the handle area wide. You don't need either shaped to tiller the bow and you can see the true allignment of the string and the tips.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline penderbender

• island life...
Eyeball, feel, string, hope and faith
That's how I do it! Haha cheers- Brendan

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Clamp a string tip to tip acrgoss the belly. If you can't do it there do it across the back.
It is what it is.
If string is not on the handle, you'll have to work the stave through floor tiller and long string tiller and then heat it. Good advice above.
Also, good advice to leave nocks wide ( 1 inch) and handle full width until at least the first stringing and even full draw so you can make corrections on string tracking.
There are buildalongs on my site.
http://traditionalarchery101.com
Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

cool_98_555

Thanks for the advice guys.  I don't know why I said this was a stave, but it is a quad-lam bow so I can't heat it later.  I decided to tape one end of the string to one tip across the back, and used the other end on the other tip and just let it go slack slowly.  I was easily able to tell where the string was touching the center.  Thanks for your help guys!  I really hope this bow makes it through.  The laminations on this one will look just gorgeous if it doesn't break!