Author Topic: Shed from last year  (Read 10361 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Shed from last year
« on: September 05, 2016, 11:05:18 am »
Might as well get this started here.Not sure if it's the appropriate place to put it but it's last years hunt related topic over to this year...lol.
Last year I shot a large main beam 6 point.A five year old.I euro mounted in the house.Over time and news through the grapevine my lease hunting neighbor who shed hunts every year as I do got ahold of me and said he heard I shot that animal.He had seen him too from time to time.Anyway he said he's got this bucks 2,3,and 4 year old sheds from the same deer.Said he only had the 4 year old shed at the moment and had to look for the others and get back to me.Pretty cool I thought so I thought I would post it.Here's his 4 year old shed.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Lumberman

Re: Shed from last year
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 11:42:38 am »
Really neat, that'll make an even cooler set when you get the other years too

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 11:54:48 am »
That's a pretty darn nice neighbor go got there Ed. Most of the lease hunters around here aren't that nice. Heck I don't know if my own brothers would do that. Nice hunting story good luck finding that bucks brother
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 01:21:27 pm »
Very cool to have the sheds.  My dad killed a 5x7 last season.  The year prior I had found one side of his rack and my niece had found the other side.  We gave them to my Dad to display with his euro mount.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 12:07:00 pm »
Yea it'll be neat if it works out.Don't really have a game plan to display the sheds yet but I'll figure something out.Other than just hanging them up with bale twine.Still got some hamburger from the buck left yet and will have to have something different made if another deer is shot.Maybe jerky.I eat the heck out of that stuff.
bjrogg.....Funny thing is the Amish had found the sheds.Not an outfitter really.Previously back in 2012 I think I caught one of the Amish party shooting a big 9 point on my side of the fence.I guess we are friends now.Your right those outfitters are tough to deal with.It's all about the money with them.The Amish don't live across the fence but hunt it for them selves.
I do have very good relations with my other neighbors here.Helping each other out when needed.
BowEd
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 01:07:29 pm »
It's the same here Ed. Neighbors are good, lease guys just never seem to know where there not supposed to go, but I'm pretty sure if I went on there lease they'd know I was on there lease. lol. I'm really happy I got to purchase the property that connects to my land that had been lease property for 20 years it sure makes hunting a lot more enjoyable.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 10:20:12 pm »
All those sheds might make a nice bow rack. If one were so inclined.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 03:37:51 pm »
Yea that's a doable idea.
BowEd
Ed

Offline JustJake

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 03:18:20 pm »
I went scouting couple days ago and found both sides of an 8 pointer. I'm taking it as a sign of a good season ahead!