Author Topic: A few arrows  (Read 5845 times)

Offline penderbender

• island life...
Re: A few arrows
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 08:03:41 pm »
Thanks guys! DC thanks for the explanation, hope to see you at the gathering in a couple a week's!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 03:41:25 am »
Good looking arrows, very nice job.  :) I never thought about using a tree as a target. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline loon

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 04:13:28 am »
By google drive, did you mean.. google search? Or something else? :o

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 09:05:44 am »
Haha thanks pappy, it's actually a 10 foot high rotten stump.
Loon- just meant "googled"

Offline loon

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 11:42:52 pm »
yeah but i'm so bad at telling different leaves and stuff from each other.. could print some pictures I suppose. thanks!

Offline stickbender

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 09:47:25 pm »
Thanks guys! No fore shafts I just plug em with bamboo chopsticks. And I'd use Tonkin but I never seen any growing here.
Loon, they actually all weigh the same +/- 10 grains. About 600 grains. And yeah I just tapered them to 23/64ths and used a taper tool and field points. Wrapped em' just to be safe. Where are you located? Cheers- Brendan
     Just email, Mullet, he can give you the Address for a supplier of Tonkin near him, and the supplier will size sort them for you.  Comes in a bundle of 500.  Should be able to get about 100 or more good arrows from it.  If you have something to trade Eddie might send you a few.  Those are nice looking arrows! 
                                                                                      Wayne

Offline loon

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 04:00:01 pm »
Or PM me, I have a bunch of tonkin... could send 10-20 or so spine and weight matched, but not soon. Maybe late December. unless you don't want them matched..

Or contact Jaap Koppedrayer, he sells Pseudosasa Japonica/yadake from his bamboo farm, which is lighter. But the ones I got were rather weight inconsistent by over 100 grains.. could ask him to match by weight, or even heat straighten, but it would cost more?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:26:37 pm by loon »

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 08:14:22 pm »
Thanks guys! I'll keep that in mind. I cut these myself from stuff someone planted ten years ago. That being said there is a guy here on Pender that grows bamboo, and lots of it! He supplies all the zoos in Canada with panda food. I know he grows a bunch of different species, I just don't know which ones. But I'm gonna find out. Cheers- Brendan

Offline DC

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2016, 08:21:37 pm »
The bamboo(or at least one of the bamboos) that pandas eat is Fargesia. I'm growing some in the backyard. It's a clumping "noninvasive" type. It is very round and straight. I will be cutting some next year. I'll bring a piece to the gathering.The guy on Pender probably has some.

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 12:53:02 am »
Looking good Brendan! Glad I could help you out with some feathers. So much nicer than what you had before I bet:) See you next week!!
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb