Author Topic: Ribtech broadheads  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Chief RID

Ribtech broadheads
« on: September 08, 2016, 05:13:48 am »
I will be using some 1980's vintage Ribtech broadheads for deer in a couple weeks. I have put o chisel point on and they will be sharp for the opener for deer. I sure would like some 1st hand experience from folks that have used these on deer.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Ribtech broadheads
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 07:59:31 am »
I would say they will get the job done nicely, I have several of them in my collection but have never hunted with one. Most any 2 blade head that is sharp and of adequate weight will get it done. I would say most of them , at least the ones I have are over 100 grain and most likely 125's.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:31:30 am »
The ones I have are 125s. I have had them on these sitka spruce arrows for years but never head the op. I am hunting a public area around a state park the next few weeks that should hold a lot of deer. I was just trying to boost my confidence in my equipment. I have only taken one deer with the recurve and it has been some years ago. I have missed one  pretty nice buck at close range about 10 years ago. I hunted probably 10 hunts last year and did not get a shot. My shooting has got pretty good and the ribtechs are flying very good. I meat hunt after bow season goes out with the rifle and that was a bust last year. Hope to put one in the freezer as early as possible this year to take the pressure off. Wish me luck and good fortune to you and the TO crowd this year.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 01:52:06 pm »
I got six 160gr. Ribtech in a trade but haven't used them yet. I was thinking of setting up a couple of arrows with them this year.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 08:58:38 am »
Great to hear Pat! I was surprised at how well the things flew being a light head and a reasonably heavy arrow. I put a good edge on them last night. One of the arrows has a self nock and turkey feathers from harvested birds by friends in the past. It will get the nod as the number one arrow. Our bow season opens the 15th nd runs till Oct 1 when we have a few days of primitive weapons season before the opener of rifle. Good luck up there in those hills. Keep in touch.

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 04:07:29 pm »
Chief RID,, I have not used these but have used two blade pretty much exclusively,, they look like a nice head, and if razor sharp should work great on your deer, I would not hesitate to shoot one if I had it on my good arrow,, good luck to you, B

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 04:08:43 pm »
I've used 125's on hogs and never had a problem perforating one.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 06:30:03 am »
In my opinion there has never been a better head on the market. The temper is just right so shaving sharp is easy to get. They are really tough. I have the 160s 140s and 125s. I put a 140 through the boiler room of a hog last night. Same as always, short trail, no tip damage, still shaving sharp.

Offline Granite Mtn

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 06:33:01 am »
The proof is in the pudding.

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 09:06:42 am »
Congratulations on the hog.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 11:57:48 am »
Nice Sow for the BBQ.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 08:05:56 pm »
Congrats GM. That is a true testimony.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 10:36:34 pm »
Several friends were discussing broadheads yesterday. Just so happens one of guys is ribtech fan ... mostly because every deer he's taken over the years (he's retired) has been with one of 'em.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Blind Dog

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 12:33:43 am »
I always liked the 160 grain Ribtech. Easiest broad head I have used to file sharpen. Some will tell you they have penetration problems due to the ribs but that has not been my experience and are the toughest head I've used. Wish I could still get them.