Author Topic: Message Board Rules  (Read 36127 times)

jamie

Message Board Rules
« on: March 03, 2008, 02:52:43 pm »
Rules, rules. Yeah we have to have a few rules but they're simple and straightforward so please read them and help make this site a great family friendly place to be.

Rule #1

NO discussion of politics

Rule #2

NO discussion of religion

Rule #3

Topics and posts should be related to primitive archery in some way, this include knapping. If you want to discuss other topics in life there are plenty of other places on the internet you can go. This place is about primitive archery. Discussions on the use of post-industrial materials (yes that means FG) is discouraged here.

Rule #4

This is a family oriented site and we want it to be child friendly so the use of curse words or foul language is not tolerated. Keep your language clean and respectful.

Rule #5

Play nice. Name calling and personal attacks on others character will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with someone, take it off-line and communicate with them via email, PM, or some other way but not on the board. You’re welcome to disagree, debate, even argue as long as you remain respectful.

Rule #6

No one is allowed to sell or promote their products on the Primitive Archer Message Boards, unless it is under the paid classified ad section of the board. You are still allowed to TRADE under the trading post.

Rule #7

No banners will be allowed as signatures.  Signatures can be a quote, name, etc.

Rule #8

Only paying advertisers (in the magazine or on the website) will be allowed to have links on their signature to their home page.

Rule #9

Please note that by posting to this forum you Give permission to “Bigger Than That Productions LLC” the owner of PRIMITIVE ARCHER® magazine to utilize your photographs, digital images, and descriptions in the publication of the magazine and it’s online counterparts.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 09:25:05 am by Marc St Louis »

Offline AncientArcher76

Re: message board rules
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 06:38:33 pm »
AMEN !!! Thanks Jamie!

Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Zuma

Re: Message Board Rules
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 05:02:35 am »
If this is ok--I would like to use this aspect of our forum to get on the
same page as other members. Frankly I am bewildered by how easily
 these rules are either forgotten or ignored. Or maybe it's just me.
 Bring a fellow member.
I am thinking Rule #3 and Rule# 5
Thanks Zuma
PS It seems the author Jamie is a guest? Kind or weird?
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 07:13:53 am »
Jamie was a Moderator. He hasn't been around in awhile.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 09:40:54 am »
These rules are posted at the beginning of every forum.  They are generic.  We could be very specific here, for flintknapping, but it's probably not necessary.

What is "Bring a fellow member"?  Bring a fellow member up to speed?  Forgive me, it's probably a typo but I just want to be clear.

I suppose we could write a section with "punishments" for infractions of the rules but we look at all infractions on a case-by-case basis and we assume someone is having a bad day or missed their meds when something is amiss.  But we've banned people before for rules violations.  That seems to be where things go when things get out of hand.

If we need to have a debate here, about the rules, then be my guest and feel free to vent.  I'll be lurking...
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr