Author Topic: Modern nomadic life  (Read 10743 times)

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

Re: Modern nomadic life
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 12:31:45 pm »
Exactly. I turned down so many offers of food during that time even when I hadn't eaten all day and knew it would be the next day till I went back home because I knew that I could go back home and eat all I wanted while these folks, while not really struggling because they were good at the lifestyle, didn't have the resources I had. And it's usually the hippie/semi-goth/actual Romani folks who are the best.

Offline sleek

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 12:41:13 pm »
Same experience here. Well, in Charleston  anyway. Here in whichita I have spoken to anyone yet and honestly don't really intend to. Im just here to work now, and with 10 hour days on 2nd shift, not much to do but sleep when I get off work.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 01:19:26 pm »
I have met lots of people like this, and we all go our seperate ways afterwards. Its really fascinating to get to know this type of life. Mine is less nomad and more migrant worker, but I meet all types. Many unemployed,  others traveling workers like myself. But when you meet and talk, you have an instant connection through a common lifestyle. The amount you have in common really brings you together at times.

This is what life should be, learning about people before we pass that death sentence judgement. We are all people, we all have something going on in our lives right now. Being friendly goes a long, long way.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 02:16:53 pm »
Same experience here. Well, in Charleston  anyway. Here in whichita I have spoken to anyone yet and honestly don't really intend to. Im just here to work now, and with 10 hour days on 2nd shift, not much to do but sleep when I get off work.
Except cut all the Osage you can around those parts!  Wichita is a yellow gold mine!

Offline sleek

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 02:19:09 pm »
Id have to get a storage unit out here just to store it if I start doing that.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 02:21:43 pm »
I'm a little ways from Wichita, but I'm willing to hang onto it for you if you want....

Offline sleek

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »
You and the rest of Pa! Where you at exactly anyway?

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 02:27:35 pm »
Kc

Offline sleek

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 03:04:20 pm »
Thats a few hours. Of course, my staves of late tend to be more billet size, than normal bow size  >:D

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 08:03:58 pm »
Living that type of lifestyle is fine if you are on your own.  For the sake of your family I hope things get better for you
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline sleek

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 03:01:22 am »
Living that type of lifestyle is fine if you are on your own.  For the sake of your family I hope things get better for you

Short term sacrifice for long term gain. So long as this contract holds for the promised three months, I will be doing great! If not,  I will probably loose my house too and have to start all over in life.

So last two nights I had an interesting neighbor. The guy was sleeping in a slide in camper that had seen better days. Mkst people, when they park, its to stay and leave. This guy set up couple of lounge chairs, a table, and cooler, along with dog food and such outside. He made an actual camp in a walmart parking lot, for two days.  Last night he was walking around in his underwear. The guy was crazy, but seemingly harmless. Thankfully he is gone tonight. 

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2016, 12:24:54 pm »
Lol, everything but the pink flamingos!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 12:45:52 am »
Yes I wish you and your family the best sleek.Sounds like things if they go according to Hoyle will.I lived a pretty nomadic type life in my youth for a while too.In an apartment or so called anyway.About as big as a closet....lol.In the park too in my pickup with topper.Eating off a camp fire for months.Working for the labor union or where ever I could.As better decisions are made things get a little more stable and things will get better.
Having someone depend on you makes a person do things they need to.Wish you the best.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline sleek

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 02:49:54 am »
Thanks for the well wishes fellas, I think I will be ok. I have many times found myself forced out of a decent situation and came out into a better one for it.

Offline sleek

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2016, 03:08:11 pm »
Well, i got some interesting news. My job is cutting out overtime and talks of layoffs are starting.