Author Topic: Modern nomadic life  (Read 10744 times)

Offline sleek

Re: Modern nomadic life
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2017, 03:01:43 am »
Resurrecting this thread to say I ended my little almost year long advenyure back in mid November due to jugh crime rate. I have managed to save enough money to buy a small in need of tlc 2 beedroom house. No more homeless for my family ever again... hopefully. I need to update the wiring, replace broken widows, level the floor and repair the roof, but, its a house and tomorrow afternoon, its in my name, cash down.

After home repairs are complete, i will be able to concentrate my energy on pulling other veterans off the streets and helo them however I can, money, housing, medical, whatever of their needs I can meet. My life ambition is to have no reason for any veteran to be left wanting.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2017, 04:37:05 am »
Good for you, glad things are turning around for you. You have some great goals and I hope you meet all of them. Good luck. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2017, 05:26:41 am »
What Pappy said Sleek. I'm so happy you have a house now I sure hope all works well for you and your family. Keep a good roof on it is always number one priority. I live in a old farm house, your work is never done taking care of it.
     I sincerely wish you the best of luck with family, Veterans and house.
Bjrogg
PS I've been living in my house for 25 years now and my floors still aren't level.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2017, 07:57:21 am »
Good for you sleek.  Glad you got your feet back on solid ground and I am sure your wife and child do also. I am with you on taking care of our veterans.

remember this Marine saying, Semper Fi.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2017, 08:51:34 am »
That is an admirable endeavor.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com