Author Topic: Let's Build a Trilam! (Finished pics on page 12... Refinished pics on page 13)  (Read 49193 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Let's Build a Trilam!
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2016, 10:47:21 am »
With the amount of reflex added and its position on the limb, the more deflex the better.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline ty_in_ND

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2016, 07:11:12 pm »
Well, no turning back now! Here it is glued up with the extra shim on the center post:

"The best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."

Offline DC

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2016, 07:36:50 pm »
OH, wait, wait ,wait

Gotcha ;D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2016, 08:05:03 pm »
Nice
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2016, 10:08:28 pm »
Been valuable read so far. Looking forward to next installment.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2016, 11:08:51 pm »
Oh yeah

Offline ty_in_ND

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2016, 11:33:24 pm »
Oh, and so it's stated here on this thread so people don't have to hunt for it later, the posts are the following heights: The center post is 3 3/4" tall (without the shim), the two mid-limb posts are 2 3/4", and the two outer posts are 6".  I cut a stud that was dead straight down to 6' and screwed on those braces to prevent it from warping while under pressure from the clamps.
"The best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."

Offline DC

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2016, 11:49:56 pm »
How are the posts attached? Maybe a close-up of the bottom on a post?

Offline ty_in_ND

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2016, 12:11:05 am »
How are the posts attached? Maybe a close-up of the bottom on a post?
I'll take a picture of the posts when the bow is off of the form, but the posts are only held on by gravity! You can move them where ever you want to on the 2×4.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2016, 12:29:33 am »
Ty....Your form is kinda like Dean Torges form with the deflex posts closer to the tips.With a 1" deflex.Should work pretty good for ya just looking at the end of he thread here.Maybe that was stated by you or someone else already.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bubby

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2016, 12:50:27 am »
Looking good
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline paco664

• ok,ok.. i might have done it...
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2016, 01:05:45 am »
is it done yet???   hurryyyyyy
I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"~Col.H.Sanders

Offline ty_in_ND

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2016, 04:15:10 am »
Ugh... I apologize for the delayed update to the bow, but I've been dealing with a vehicle problem that went from "it's a minor issue that's an easy fix" to "maybe we should get a new car"...

I do have a picture of the bow off of the form. It's not on it 100% compared to glue up as I took the inner tube off, but it's very close.

So here's the list of things that need to happen before tillering: get the rest of the plastic and tape off of the bow, put on horn tip overlays and rough out the tips, cut the side profile (I pre-cut the bamboo, but not the core or belly), glue on the handle.  I'll also try to show some floor tillering pictures before I get the thing on the tillering tree.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2016, 06:50:29 am »
I would glue on the handle before you cut your back profile or remove the tape, it makes for cleaner glue lines. 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2016, 08:37:04 am »
Good advice A-a-ron