Author Topic: 3 point  (Read 36365 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 3 point
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 10:45:54 am »
Thanks Guys, congrats to you also Will, I heard through the grape vine  >:(  you killed one also. :) Aaron it is about 53 @26 at least that is what it was when I built it 2013. Glenn glad to hear Davy is doing well. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 12:41:41 pm »
Thanks Pappy

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »
congrats on your deer,, nice shootin,, :)

Offline Runningbear

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 12:43:53 pm »
Great job!I like to hear about and see your trade points!

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2016, 05:40:21 pm »
Pappy, how heavy was your arrow,, and did your new dog go straight to the deer of have to circle a bit,,??

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 05:59:26 am »
650+ Brad, heavier than I usually use but worked great for short range. Just bad drop off after 18 yards or so. Ya Sister done really good, got off a little a few yard into it but finely figured out what I wanted her to find, done even better on the second deer, hope to get her on another one or 2 before the season is over.  ;)
 Pappy   
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2016, 03:48:26 pm »
Congratulations old man! Good shooting and glad the pup is gonna work out. That buck sure looks healthy.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline TheSingingBowyer

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 07:43:26 pm »
Awesome! Way to go, Pappy. Any deer after gun season is a good one.
Chad K. Slagle

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2016, 04:18:52 am »
Eddie /Chad this one was killed early bow season, I was just ask a question about the arrow. ;) :) No luck lately, but who knows , maybe this weekend. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2016, 02:04:55 pm »
thanks Pappy,, i just love tracking dogs,, did quite a bit when I lived in Tenn,, my neighbor would come and get her to track too,, I shot a deer last year,, with a heavy arrow,, i had a quiver full of arrows and just picked the one that shot the best for my #1 arrow,, had a downward shot ,, went throught top of shoulder and out the bottom,, well when I got home I thought I might weigh that arrow,, was 700 grains,, I was only shooting bout 50#,, but it worked great as close range,, I hadnt practiced much so was not going to shoot more than 15 anyways,,,  I am sure you dog gonna do great,,,, they love to find a deer,, I think they can tell how much we like it too,, they can feel how excited we are,, so they have a double motivation to do good,, :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2016, 04:21:14 am »
I know what you mean Brad, I use to have Red Bones and they love to track, I tracked for 7 years with Old Dan , he was the best, if the Deer died he would find it, no questions, it takes a while to learn to trust the dog but once they get it and you get it, it is great.  ;) :) I went with the Beagle this time because I am getting to old to have a Red Bone drag me around through the woods and thickets. You have to have them on a leash in TN. to be legal and I don't want my dog out running on the loose anyway. :) The heavy arrows do a great job for sure. I only shoot about 50 lb also and the arrow all but the hide penetrated the off shoulder, of course as I said you give up some distance but I don't do this to see how far I can shoot them, I do it to see how close. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2016, 02:50:36 pm »
Pappy, I got dragged through some pretty bad briar thickets too, I would go with a beagle next time too,,
got to trust the dog,, mine went in middle of the creek on a track, I thought she lost her mind,, then the deer jumped out of a brush pike right in the creek,, boy was I suprised,,

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2016, 06:21:50 am »
Ya I had the creek thing happen when Old Dan was young, maybe a year old. The deer when right down the middle of the creek for 75 yards or so. It took him 3 passes across the creek to figure it out, after that he would almost stop when he came to a creek crossing and get them big lips and noise right on top of the water and mover very slow across. I thought a few times he was going to drowned himself, but they never tricked him again at a creek crossing. Man the memories I have from them tracks. We probably tracked over 100 deer over the seven years I had him. It was a very very sad day for me and Beau when I had to put him down. :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2016, 12:40:06 pm »
wow thats alot of deer tracking,, those dogs can really teach something thats not in a book,, I really miss my tracking dog too, glad you got a new one working for you,,,

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2016, 01:22:38 am »
Great shot! Nothing like watching a tracking dog work.
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb