Author Topic: From the stand  (Read 50394 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: From the stand
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2016, 04:05:54 pm »
hey Scott, congrats,, I have killed some deer on the second shot,, feels great,, glad you got him,,

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2016, 04:40:51 pm »
Nice going Scott.
Clint I hope your getting out there after those bucks, good luck to ya.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #122 on: November 08, 2016, 08:05:18 am »
Well I put a shot on a little 6 point.Right beneath my stand.He had no idea what hit him.Knew I did'nt like the hit right off the bat but was hopeful.Found good blood for about 50 yards but it played out.Found back 4" of arrow there too.Looked quite extensively and will have to let it go.The shot was too low I think.Across and through his sternum at a downward angle.Pretty sure no major arteries were hit and that he will eventually heal up.
The small area I'm hunting I will have to give it a rest with all of the commotion that went on,but will continue later.The weather forecast is pretty good.Good luck to the rest of you fellas.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2016, 08:25:38 am »
I know the feeling Ed, those right under the stand ones that sweet spot gets real small. Hope you get another chance
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2016, 10:26:07 am »
I've seen this fella 3 times so far. Each time was under 15 yards. I have no desire to kill him or shoot at him. Fun to watch.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2016, 11:28:42 am »
They are my favorite animals to watch Pearl, I love watching them hunt especially in the snow when they are mousing.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2016, 11:46:21 am »
Nice picture Pearly.  I've never seen a fox from the stand. 

The rut has seemed to stop cold at our place.  Bucks are eating acorns instead of looking for love.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2016, 02:12:45 pm »
I used to use fox pee as a cover scent years ago. One morning I watch 2 foxes follow my trail in to the large oak I was sitting in. They both walked up to the base of the tree and looked up at me before scurrying off. They were fun to watch for sure. I've had quite a few deer follow my trail in also. I always felt confident with my hunting stand whenever I saw foxes and they didn't know I was there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2016, 04:19:39 pm »
I wear plaid shirts quite often. Even foxes cant see me in them. I had plaid on every time he strolled by.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline rps3

« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2016, 06:50:36 pm »
I think I see a deer trail there pearly.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2016, 09:32:35 pm »
Yes sir. I missed a buck at 8 yards on that trail a month ago. Let him try that again now! They used to pasture that 5 acre wood lot. They quit 3 years ago and it went from a city park look to a jungle.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2016, 11:29:00 am »
Yes I'll get another shot at a buck here.Sure of that.Seeing really good activity here already this morning.I did see a covey of 14 quail go by underneath my stand too once here this fall.Pretty neat.All walking in a line like a little train following each other peeping along.
BowEd
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2016, 10:00:11 pm »
Pearly...That's the perfect place for a buck to hide out through the deer season.Big bucks here hide right under peoples noses around little 1 acre ponds with brush and trees in the middle of a section of corn field.Weatherwise things are looking good.Good luck.
BowEd
Ed

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2016, 09:37:26 pm »
I had left just 30 min before this buck came down the logging road. Oh well maybe next time. Glad my camera got him first time seeing him. Hopefully get a pic of him on the ground soon.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2016, 09:49:09 pm »
That's a very nice buck.  Good luck with him
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left