Author Topic: From the stand  (Read 48978 times)

Offline Lumberman

Re: From the stand
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2016, 11:03:53 am »
Yep it was fantastic, tensions were already running a little high between two of them haha. They will not be buds for long. Also neat to see how the two biggest ones never even went within 20 yards from the field but watched the other ones check. I can't bring myself to field hunt and that's part of the reason, 30 yards is about as close as I get

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 10:28:56 pm »
I've coon hunted a fair amount in your area Lumberman.Great deer hunting there I'm sure.I'm sure there will be more pics from ya soon too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2016, 10:16:32 pm »
Couldn't get out last night worked till after dark. Snuck out tonight about 4:00, sat by stump blind. It was really windy tonight nothing close but the chipmunks. One was about a foot away from the tip of my arrow. I tried to get phone out to take picture and It noticed me. It was pretty startled for a little bit but then it settled down and it's friend came out. Had high hopes for this spot. Can't see far but though I'd see something pass through. Might be a better spot later in season.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2016, 10:25:41 pm »
It was 80 degrees when I started to get ready for the evenings hunt.  I decided to go to a ground blind near a small pond in a wooded valley.  I only have 2 shooting lanes from this blind.  The rest is really thick brush cover.  I went with my summer hunting outfit tonight.

One shooting lane

And the other looking down the steep hill where a trail runs along the pond bank.

Right before dark 2 deer came down the hill to get a drink.  When they were done they went back up the way they came and didn't offer any shots.  I still enjoyed a few peaceful hours in the wild.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2016, 10:34:23 pm »
Nice looking bow your hunting with! but those legs.....whew!!!
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline sleek

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2016, 06:21:04 am »
I am digging those pink socks sir!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2016, 08:16:27 am »
As for the " pink socks" do you do you own laundry Clint? Your supposed to seperate the whites. That's what my wife told me when we got married. Or you could just wear long pants. lol. It's turning to fall here, no frost yet but you can feel it in the air. Enjoy the hunt everybody stay safe.
Bjrogg

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2016, 08:21:15 am »
Those socks were washed with my dyed camo last year.  All my long hunting socks are that color now.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2016, 10:29:48 am »
Looks like a nice set up Clint, it is hot here also but supposed to cool off for the weekend, hope so. I will try and get some pictures from the Stand Saturday morning, I may hunt tomorrow evening but not sure, their is a front moving in which is usually a good thing and get them moving a bit, but it's not supposed to be through until late tomorrow night and 85 tomorrow so I may just wait till Saturday, sure I can fine something in the shop to keep me occupied until Saturday morning.  ;)Good hunting to all yall.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2016, 07:14:13 pm »
Man it is beautiful in this tree tonight
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 07:29:04 pm »
Only problem is this darn wind by the lake is changing every 10 minutes. It's so quiet I can hear people talking a half mile away
Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2016, 04:30:10 am »
The wind does that here in Tennessee all the time bj unless we have some kind of front moving in, then it will stay blowing in the same direction most of the time.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2016, 08:34:41 am »
Same here Pappy, this lake is a big weather maker and really effects our wind, temperatures, clouds
Rain, fog you have it in , it effects it. I'm hunting from 1 mile to 150 yards off the big lake here and as beautiful as it can be it can also be just as ugly. It really does add an extra challenge to this type of hunting but I totally love this piece of earth and am so blessed to walk it. I constantly thank the lord for putting me here to care for his land and seeds. My dad told us we could farm with him if we wanted but not till we worked off farm for a few years. I went to electronic school in 1979 lived, went to trade school and worked in Detroit area for 5 years. When times get really hard I think back to living there. My dad was and still is a smart man
Bjrogg

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2016, 09:27:56 am »
I feel that way about my dad too.Upside....Smartest most honorable man I'll ever know.In life as well.Farmed his whole life.Very in tune with the land and it's surroundings.Knew what to do when for what.A self doer.Only had a 6th grade education.Had to quit school to go to work to take care of his siblings during the depression of the 1930's.A penny saved is a penny earned mentality.
Down side....Most stubborn man I've ever known.....lol.In retrospect you had to be to grit it out through those hard times.
Anyway...It's cooling off nice here now.Been sitting in the stand a few times.Seeing some does/yearlings and smaller bucks.2 real nice bucks too.This morning is raining again lightly here so I'll see what goes on this evening.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2016, 09:43:35 pm »
Haven't been out for 2 days now. Saw a buck walking down my west fence row yesterday morning while I was working by shed. It cooled off today, high 54 wind about 14mph radio said maybe frost tonight. think I'll try to get out in the morning went to church tonight.
bjrogg