Author Topic: My dad has been put on hospice  (Read 7405 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: My dad has been put on hospice
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 11:19:32 am »
Cipriano, Hospice is an incredible organization. You can feel good that your Dad is in good hands with Hospice. Read all the info they have available and it will help your Dad, you and your family get through these difficult times. You and your family are in our thoughts.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 12:59:19 pm »
...And don't forget to tell him about all the people here that send him their best wishes. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 01:34:54 pm »
We'll keep you & your family in our prayers & thoughts.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 12:13:23 pm »
Falcon and Bjrogg, thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Bjrogg, I'm sorry for your loss.

stixnstones, thank you for the thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I have been praying for you and your family as well.

selfbow joe and Zuma, thank you for your prayers and for thinking of us.

Pearly, thank you. I have found myself many times walking looking at the ground.

Del, thank you. I'm sorry for you loss.

Thank you JW! That means a lot!

bubby, thank you sir. I'm hanging on.

Chief RID, thank you so much for the prayers.

Spotted Dog, I'm sorry to hear that. Y'all have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Pappy and Beadman, thank you for the thoughts and prayers!

country, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's been a rapid decline for my dad.

Trapper Rob, thank you! Much appreciated!

JW, I told him what you said. It made him happy. One of the proudest things I've done is writing for Primitive Archer magazine.
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 12:32:09 pm »
Cipriano, Hospice is an incredible organization. You can feel good that your Dad is in good hands with Hospice. Read all the info they have available and it will help your Dad, you and your family get through these difficult times. You and your family are in our thoughts.

Pat, hospice came out. They were wonderful, but thankful my mom and sister didn't sign the paperwork.

On October 12, my dad went to San Diego and received the stem cell treatment. Within nine hours he could stand, walk, sit and drink a cup of coffee. It had been over a month since he could drink a cup of coffee because of all the shakiness.

Thank you for thinking of us and for your support.

Many thoughts, prayers and well wishes were answered for my dad. It will be two to three months before we know the full effect of the treatment, but my dad has been given time. Literally he's been given a better quality of life and time that he didn't have. The treatment is not a cure, but it reverses many of the symptoms that were leading to his slow death.

Pat, and all of y'all thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. You helped me during a very difficult time. I can't convey enough how grateful I am.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 01:40:47 pm »
Cipriano, families stick together in a time or need.
 So glad your Dad didn't need Hospice.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 02:01:34 pm »
Im amazed to hear your father is doing so well, and glad of it for certain! But wow, that stem cell stuff is no joke eh?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2016, 08:51:09 pm »
What great news Cipriano!  Never underestimate the power of prayer!

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 09:43:43 pm »
Hey Cip. My dad is all we got left. I am glad things are looking up for you. Will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 08:27:41 pm »
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers for my dad and our family. I want to give y'all an update. From October the 13-23, after my dad had the stem cell treatment it was as if he were a new man. He could do everything he couldn't do the last two months. It's was an amazing miracle to watch. However, immediately beginning on October 24, it was as if he hit a brick wall. The symptoms came back with a vengeance and far more progressed than before the treatment. We continued to hold out hope, but my dad's health took a rapid decline. The best I can describe it if a person that didn't have vision was given that gift for ten days and then it was gone. That's how it was for my dad.

Since November 10, he's been to the ER twice and his doctor once. The doctors said he was far more progressed than about a month prior. He said my dad needed to be on hospice.

We have come to terms that my dad is facing a slow rapid death. It's been difficult especially for Diego. He loves loves his Buelo's and Diego is my dad's world.

The hospice lady and Chaplain have started visiting them. He's now on soft/blended/liquid foods. Many of his medications we ground into a powder and administer them to him in applesauce.

My son is now thirteen and he has started to act out some. We are all dealing with it in different terms. My older brother is in denial. He lives in California and I had to tell him that he needs to call my dad every day. My sister is terrified of what is to come. I believe I have been trying to be strong in front of my parents and that has made me numb. The kids especially Diego are anxious. My dad doesn't want to leave my mom and my mom is afraid of losing him.

Most days I honestly don't know I I make it from waking up to going to bed. Thank goodness somehow I am able to pull it through.

To all of you that are facing a similar situation or have faced, I am so sorry for the pain you have endured.

Sincerely,
Cipriano Rivera

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 08:30:26 pm »
My heart goes out to you Cipriano.  I know you have the strength to help your family through this tough time. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JEB

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 08:41:41 pm »
Hang in there Cip. Thoughts and prayer are being said up here in Michigan for you and your family.

Offline bubby

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 10:01:36 pm »
Cip ust try and be there that's all that you can do, I'm sorry my friend
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Zuma

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 01:02:50 am »
Saying a prayer for yourself I find can be helpful.
Just to meditate and clear your mind.
It has helped me deal. And deal we must.
These things are not our fault. We inherit them.
Your dad is lucky to have you. God Bless
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2016, 04:24:08 am »
So sorry for you troubles, Thought and prayers go up for you and your family. Sad but that is the way it is supposed to work, we bury our fathers and our kids buys us. That's life.  :(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good