Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 15343 times)

Offline loon

Re: Sad News
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 08:27:51 pm »
Sad news indeed... I s'pose I shouldn't really say it but I hope the ******* texter died as well, if if not I hope their conscience gnaws away at them for the rest of their life.
These idiots with their phones... probably some totally trivial message anyway. Makes my blood boil >:(
Del
same...
She was a good friend, I can't believe this..

Offline Badger

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 08:42:30 pm »
  I spoke to her mother this morning. The other driver walked away minor scratches.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 08:49:50 pm »
Sad news. Condolences to the family and friends. This is a big loss for our community.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 06:57:12 pm »
prayers sent,, so sorry for the loss,,

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 07:05:50 pm »
I'm not familiar with her as others are but that's tragic and sudden news.The opposing party will have to live with the thoughtless act and it's consequences.My prayers go out to the victim here as well.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 10:36:55 pm »
Our condolences to the family of Alicia.  We did not know her, but this post is like a family of like minded people.  I hope the administrators can forward this entire thread to the family.
Hawkdancer and Little Fiddle Woman
(Jerry & Jacie Mc Connell)
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 10:42:35 pm »
As for the other driver, I would hope the investigating officer and the DA have very heavy pencils, and a long list of charges to bring.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline loon

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2017, 07:04:21 pm »
I still can't
It's really sad and unfair, so early and suddenly...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2017, 01:23:21 pm »
Days after we lost Alicia, the young lady I had been dating the summer before hit a deer on her motorcycle and was killed. 

Then a few days after that, our great horned owl died of a massive coronary blowout.  All this in quick succession put me into a tailspin and I ended up in a dark place for much of this winter.  I was thinking about Alicia last week again, and I rededicated myself to encouraging people around me, especially the young ones. That's one of the strong points of this community here and I certainly appreciate how so many of you stay consistent in your positive approach to new members.  Most online communities are insular and clique-ish. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.