Author Topic: He's gonna taste good  (Read 29959 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
He's gonna taste good
« on: October 14, 2016, 01:48:18 am »
Well the stars and planets must have all aligned I did it I got my 1st primitive kill a 4 point. I wanted to hunt in my ravine tree stand but when I got back to the end of ravine I could see deer were already out. I watched them for awhile then decided to sneak along south side of ravine cross this 25' deep almost straight up and down ravine to get to my stand. When I got there 9 does and fawns where out and I watched them slowly make their way to a little west of where I just came from. I never could get in my stand so I just stood by tree. After all those deer left I was thinking about trying to climb into my stand when a nice sized 4 point slowly walked out of the woods and headed my way I watched him look right though me he never even noticed me standing there. When he got to about 30 yards all I did was look at the spot. I watched to spot get closer and closer, it got to 10 yards and turned quartering away from me all I could see was the spot. I let my arrow fly right to the spot, and saw it sticking out the other side about 9". He ran out into the oats cover crop about 100 yards then stopped to look back. He had know idea what hit him. He walked over the hill and I didn't see him go up the next one. I knew I hit him good and there was good blood but I let him for about 2 1/2 hours. It was a short trail found him about 150 yard right on my lane never made it out of field. I know I'm supposed to post pictures but my photo bucket is not working I think I'll email some to Clint. Man he's gonna taste good just told the wife on the way out the door was almost out of jerky
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: He's gonna taste good
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 04:16:10 am »
Congrats BJ, I knew it would all come together for ya, if you would just hang in there. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 04:30:46 am »
Way to go - nice job ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 06:10:56 am »
Way to go BJ!  Email me those pictures and I'll post them for you.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 06:48:11 am »
Congratulations good story and your right he will taste good.

Offline TheSingingBowyer

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 06:55:14 am »
Awesome! And to do it from the ground makes it that more special. Congratulations!
Chad K. Slagle

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 08:01:42 am »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 08:02:30 am »
Looks like a healthy body on that buck.  That should be a lot of good meat. 

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 08:10:19 am »
There you go Killer! I knew you would get what you wanted my friend. You have worked your tail off this year preparing for this exact moment. Congratulations.

That is one big four point. His body and nose have a 2 year old look to them.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 08:16:36 am »
Way to get it done B.J.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 09:20:54 am »
Thanks guys I didn't sleep much last night. Thanks Pappy, Thanks Clint and thanks for posting the pictures I sent some better ones from a camera. I gotta get my Photobucket working again I probably got 40 pictures I'd really like to post. 2 bows and a bunch of hunting pictures. Thanks Pearl you guys are just such good teachers and a lot of inspiration. Yes Pearl and Clint I'm sure this was a 2 1/2 year old just had a small rake. Taking these out of the gene pool is my QDM if you want to call it that not that I was gonna pass any bucks walking by at 10 yard while I was standing on the ground. I was gonna just field dress him but I had so much help and before I knew it we had him skinned, quartered and in the shop fridge to age a little.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 09:30:39 am »
Didn't mean to push the post tab yet. He had a lot of good meat and was quite fat for a buck. I never hunted bow and  usually they loss most of their fat by gun season from sparing and taking care of the does. Thank badly bent those are beaver string silencers from your "hair piece" you gave me at Marshall. They worked great he didn't have a clue what hit him. Thanks again guys for all your info and support. I'm really not a computer web type guy but I love this site and all you guys. Glad to be part of the group.
Bjrogg

Offline augustus

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 09:51:11 am »
Congrats!  Great looking buck,and the rack small or big doesnt even make good soup. ;)
redneck engineer

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 09:52:15 am »
Job well done bj, congratulations

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 09:52:59 am »
Hey hey buddy.Way to go!!!!One shot bjrogg is what I'm gonna call ya now.....lol.A very nice big bodied Minnesota buck.Love seeing that happen for ya.Really cool getting that close to these deer.Makes things exciting.Now which bow and arrow did you use now?Let's hear it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed