Author Topic: He's gonna taste good  (Read 29967 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: He's gonna taste good
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 07:50:19 am »
Thanks Adam, thanks Pete, I guess I've been in a lot of minority groups in my life. Was always shortest in class, 1st to wear glasses, an American Farmer. I've always embraced my minority status and in most cases been proud of it. I'm REALLY PROUD of this minority group and so glad to be part of it. God Bless you to
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 08:52:26 am »
Awesome!! You weren't lying about a good sized four point., he's goat a body on him. A giant congrats to you

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 08:53:06 am »
Awesome!! You weren't lying about a good sized four point., he's got a body on him. A giant congrats to you

Offline kleinpm

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 08:45:52 pm »
Great job!

Patrick

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 10:05:26 pm »
Thanks Lumberman, he really had some nice back straps I cut them up tonight and cleaned up the back sinew. Saved the hooves I'm thinking I might use them for tip overlays or striker plates. Saved the leg bones for knife handles. Have the hide in freezer think I might try to brain tan it this winter.good luck to you lumberman.
Thank you Kleinpm I'm still seeing it replay in my mind. Good luck to you all Happy Hunting
Bjrogg

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2016, 05:29:29 am »
Thanks for the pictures, he is a very nice 4 point and looks like your equipment made a bloody mess of him ;) :) Nice job.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2016, 08:32:01 am »
Thanks Pappy, I probably should have cleaned him up a little 1st. Was no problem finding this one. Had a couple of my compound buddies there to help just in case. They were very impressed with the trail. They said Stevie Wonder could have found that one. It definitely gave me a boost of confidence in my equipment.  I have to admit it sure feels good when someone asks if I'm going to try to shoot a deer with "that" to be able to say I already did. Had a great weekend here to a really good family here has just been given a very heavy cross to bare. They had a Benefit breakfast and silent auction and raffles. I donated a bow a really special bow. They had one table sit up with hunting stuff and a deck of cards by each prize. It was $30 to draw a card for my bow. My cousin Kevin ended up winning the bow. They sad it brought in well over $900. My brother knap a knife with white tail antler handle and a drift wood stand. I'm sure it did very well to cards where $10 a piece for it.  I think it was a good way to do it just wish I would have known how they were going to before hand I'm sure I could have got a bunch more cards sold even maybe before the event. It was a fantastic turn out and I'm sure they where happy with how the event turned out. This is a very generous community when one of our own good families needs help. Lots of donated prizes and people to spend $$ for a good cause. Once again I feel so blessed to live here.
Bjrogg

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2016, 03:17:25 pm »
congrats, on great shooting,, way to hold it togher on the close encounter,, :)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2016, 04:00:41 pm »
Thanks Brad, I did pretty good holding it together till after the shot and it all sunk in. When I saw the blood trail I had to go sit in my gun blind because the adrenaline was to much. Good luck guys there should be some good hunting coming up soon hope you all get one.
Bjrogg

Offline rps3

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2016, 08:28:38 pm »
Wow, that buck is a tank. Big congrats to you, and hopefully many more.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2016, 08:47:09 pm »
Thanks rps3, must be all my crops and apples and pears that he was eating. I wish you the best of luck to.
Bjrogg