Author Topic: Deer  (Read 8800 times)

Offline Swamp Thang

Re: Deer
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 12:46:52 pm »
I'm in no real rush to harvest a deer really..... a very close friend passed away and left his children with his parents who by all means can take care of the kids but struggle for food and what not if I can harvest a large deer then I can feed my family better just picking brains instead of my nose  ;D  which it feels like I am trying to hunt deer keep it coming I'm learning something from everybody!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 11:10:31 am »
You can go from Zero to hero in just a matter of seconds in the deer wood, but generally speaking if you are hunting with self bow it's a good thing you aren't in any rush to kill a deer, ;) it can sometimes take a while. ;) :) Their is about a thousand little things that all have to come together all at once so the more you do it the more you can put the pieces together and make it happen, usually the easiest part is seeing deer, but getting the right shot and doing your part on that is the hard part, no way to learn or for anyone to tell you, you just have to get out there and do it. Not that advice is bad and sometimes helps some but it's not the answer, you doing it is the key. Good luck, hope it all come together for you. Sometimes it is the easiest thing in the world to do, and sometimes it is the most flustering thing you could every try. Guess that's why I love it, keeps me on my toes. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 05:47:16 pm »
ok i mentioned this before,, can you find an acorn tree that is dropping,, you will get a shot if you can find that,,

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 08:38:30 am »
ok i mentioned this before,, can you find an acorn tree that is dropping,, you will get a shot if you can find that,,

Hahaha that's def. Not a problem so much so that it's a problem a bunch spread out give them 1000 of acres of options lol I did however find a scrape and a locking branch leading from a bedding area weekend end before last skipped hunting last weekend gonna get out there early early and set up a blind and say my prayers. The damn wind in the area will blow one way then the other all dang day long. That's the only down side to the area

Offline Swamp Thang

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 01:06:43 pm »
Okay peeps found a spot sat it for four hrs went on a hike found this spot a large oak tree acorns all around and scratch marks kinda like what chickens do but a lot larger. I'm guess from deer scratching for acorns been here an hr it 11 o'clock here sit till dusk or move out

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2016, 02:39:35 pm »
ok you gonna kill a deer there if you patient :)