Author Topic: WARNING!!!  (Read 9706 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
WARNING!!!
« on: October 17, 2016, 11:39:22 am »
Do not put any direct links on the PA website unless they are a sponsor. Doing so could get you banned from PA!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
Re: WARNING!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 12:22:52 pm »
Why?

If I find a good deal on fletching at 3rivers and they're not a sponsor here why can't I post that link?

I've never heard of that level of moderation on a forum before.

Offline loon

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 01:03:52 pm »
"any direct links", even to non-commercial sites, random facebook stuff, youtube videos?
ie https://www.facebook.com/Medicinebows/photos/a.1081274131928456.1073741882.482075211848354/1081307531925116/?type=3&permPage=1

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 01:13:18 pm »
I wouldn't ask "why?" fellas. Its a looooooong standing PA rule, simple as that.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline loon

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 04:18:25 pm »
why

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 04:46:13 pm »
Not sure if that was supposed to be funny, or you're just that kind of kid.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline loon

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »
Or both.
Problems with authority, always want to know the reason for everything... don't know if I'll ever leave my rebellious teenager phase.
If it's just direct clickable links that are a problem, and I can just wrap them in code tags so they aren't clickable, then that's fine with me. Unless I'm extra feisty. ..nah. Usually, given enough terms, it's not hard to search for things either.

I guess they want to avoid spam and "free advertising". Either way, I prefer if the rules are clear..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:09:30 pm by loon »

Offline bubby

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 05:34:28 pm »
Loon it has been stickied at the top of every section forever. Simply look at the top under rules and they are all outlined
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline loon

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 06:00:20 pm »
I mean, about exactly what kind of links we can post. It hasn't been made extremely clear. But I guess I'll just put code tags around all my links..

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 06:56:07 pm »
Here, see if I can make it very simple; if you post a site and there is an add for selling Ford Trucks you can pretty much guess that they aren't a paid Vendor listed in the Classifieds at the bottom of this site. If they are listed in the magazine in the back as a paying vendor and you have a link on You Tube that's not listed in the Magazine,, then it's a pretty good bet it's going to get deleted and you'll get a warning.

And the rules are easy to understand, if it says don't do it then it's a pretty good bet the owners don't want you to do it. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 07:53:09 pm »
Why?

If I find a good deal on fletching at 3rivers and they're not a sponsor here why can't I post that link?

I've never heard of that level of moderation on a forum before.

It's quite simple, Primitive Archer is a business and there is no business in the world that provides free advertising
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 09:21:43 pm »
I don't understand what is so difficult about this.  All you have to do is delete the www.    Or you can put a space in the link to disable it.  If someone is capable of joining this forum they should be capable of figuring out how to go to the website that you posted.  I'm a member of other forums that have much stricter rules than PA has.  Not posting a direct link shouldn't be that big of deal.  I can understand newer members not reading the rules and making a mistake.  That's going to happen every now and then.   
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 09:39:59 pm »
The main problem here is that a large number of new members just don't bother reading the rules to this board
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 09:44:22 pm »
Can you add that to the form to sign up as a new member?  Make a box that they have to check saying they understand about not posting direct links?  Then they can't say they didn't know about it.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 09:51:35 pm »
OK.So I've displayed a few videos of shooting a bow using You tube.There are no advertisements on it just me shooting a bow.Is that banned then?
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed