Author Topic: WARNING!!!  (Read 9704 times)

Offline Zuma

Re: WARNING!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 09:52:22 pm »
Loon it has been stickied at the top of every section forever. Simply look at the top under rules and they are all outlined
Why not post them right here?
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 09:54:13 pm »
Nope.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2016, 09:55:27 pm »
Crap, Don, it's in the post directly above this one Rule #6.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline loon

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 02:42:05 am »
"their" products, not someone else's products that they're not affiliated or anything with  >:D  :o

Linking to a shopping site is a lot more obviously spammy/advertising-like than just a youtube link.. then there's discretion of interpreting the rules, blah blah, it's fine whatever. I will wrap code tags around all my links from now on, should not be a problem..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:09:49 am by loon »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 08:06:03 am »
See, you figured it out.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 10:12:22 am »
Not questioning/poo-pooing the rules by any means, but I do wonder if the owners realize the lack of links will have a strong negative effect on search rankings.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 01:20:55 pm »
I don't understand what is so difficult about this.  All you have to do is delete the www.    Or you can put a space in the link to disable it.  If someone is capable of joining this forum they should be capable of figuring out how to go to the website that you posted.  I'm a member of other forums that have much stricter rules than PA has.  Not posting a direct link shouldn't be that big of deal.  I can understand newer members not reading the rules and making a mistake.  That's going to happen every now and then.   

That is exactly what's stupid about this rule......No links to outside unpaid advertisers I get that, but to put a space, or delete www what kind of random BS is that? You moderators need to make ALL links off limits...hell of a lot easier to understand. I have been on here forever, and I will readily admit.....At times I don't get this rule......I could point out examples to moderators. Not on this thread though.

Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 04:44:23 pm »
What is it with you protesters? The site is free and full of very good information. Appreciate the site and make the most of it.

WA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 05:05:31 pm »
Brian if you paid for advertising and someone posted a link to someone selling the same stuff you were cheaper you'd probably get pissed. It would be easier for the Mod's just to enforce the CEO's rule and be done with the whining, or one of you guys buy the magazine and change the rules.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 05:14:27 pm »
Just eliminate all links and be done with it. Somehow I have found a way to never use one and get my point across clearly. 11,000 posts later.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline GB

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 07:35:55 pm »
I have no problems with this rule and like PD said, you can give the info without providing a clickable link.  Heck, another bow making site I like won't even let you use the word "ebay."  Can't see how this rule is a burden.
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 07:40:38 pm »
I personally like the rule. There's much more emphasis on making your own stuff instead of buying a bunch of stuff. One of the few places on the internet not filled with links to go to who knows what. Anyone Savvy enough to be on the internet nowadays is more than capable of copying and pasting in Google search.

Offline sleek

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 08:50:29 pm »
Just eliminate all links and be done with it. Somehow I have found a way to never use one and get my point across clearly. 11,000 posts later.

Proof above, you sure do talk alot :D
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 08:53:52 pm »
11,000 is chicken feed.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 09:20:09 pm »
Brian if you paid for advertising and someone posted a link to someone selling the same stuff you were cheaper you'd probably get pissed. It would be easier for the Mod's just to enforce the CEO's rule and be done with the whining, or one of you guys buy the magazine and change the rules.

Again make it simple, No links. I totally understand and agree with your statement......But to butcher a link is childish, it still achieves the same results against the advertiser. That reminds me of the police telling you how to use technicalities against the police themselves...don't make sense to me.

I personally (if I were a advertiser) Would care less about links.......Unless it were to DIRECT competitors of archery related supplies, not Ford trucks. Just about any link will lead you to advertisement......thought that was the whole reason for websites in general, even chat websites.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.