Author Topic: New PA magazine  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
New PA magazine
« on: October 27, 2016, 05:32:53 am »
Got my PA magazine day before yesterday, looks pretty good, I like the new format and some of the stuff they have expanded into. Should help the grow and thrive as we all know they have to do to keep it going. :) Looks like Marie got a promotion, cool and good for her. Proud of you and I am sure she can handle it. Man some of the letters were tough, guess the article in mention didn't bother me that much but looks like it did a lot of folks. :o  Hope they get over it and move on and don't leave the PA family. Great bunch of people and great Magazine. ;) :) Keep up the good work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JEB

Re: New PA magazine
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 07:13:26 am »
Got both of my favorite magazines yesterday as well.  I believe I have every PA magazine since the start. Everyone  is a good one as far as I am concerned. I read letters to the editor that were sent in. I guess I really didn't catch what the beef was  about the article that was written that some complained about. No matter it is just a good magazine for the most part. All do  good job.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 07:26:23 am »
Agree JEB, some folks are just to sensitive  ??? I tell folks all the time when they say things that offend me " That would have hurt my feeling, IF I had any "  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 07:27:28 am »
I haven't read mine yet.  I did see my name was mispelled in the BOM section  :-\
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 07:29:47 am »
How do you misspell Osage outlaw  ??? I see you but didn't notice that. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 07:34:21 am »
I was sad to read Tony had a heart attack, but glad to see he is doing better now. I was glad to see Mike leave and glad to see Ed become editor. Unless we are just chimneys here, I'd guess Ed is a bit more energetic and responsive. I can only assume the magazine will run smoother now.

Jon, pappy the "beef" was all about proper content, not much else. PA mag isn't a political platform. Don't care who you are or what you own, Im not buying junk like that. I told Clint last Tuesday that my subscription was running out and it can stay that way. Then I read Ed's letter of explanation last night. Thanks to Ed, I will re-new and gladly send my HARD earned money his way. I'm quite certain I am just one of many that feel the same way.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline loon

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 07:51:27 am »
I didn't fully disagree with the article itself, nor was I offended by it (annoyed by one or two points) but PA is a primitive archery magazine.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 08:04:30 am »
I haven't got mine yet, I sure hope it comes and I don't have to call someone again. I've only been in this community for a short time. I really like the magazine, but to be totally honest I enjoy the PA site even more. I really hope neither goes away. It's really nice to have something so down to earth in this sometimes wacky world where just showing the most skin seems to make some people rich and famous and they get to stand on their soap box. I must admit I can certainly see why no one wants to  listen to any political stuff it's hard to believe this is the best of the best. I'm going to vote but gee I think we need to raise the ladder a few rungs.
Bjrogg
PS I don't want this to turn into a political thread here just giving my humble unbiased opinion
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 08:10:47 am »
Ya lots of things in this old world I don't agree with, I just speak my mind, but I don't take my ball and go home. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 11:18:49 am »
A few of us Admins and Mods have worked long and hard to keep politics and religion off of the the PA website and I think we've done a damn good job. That's why I felt the need to write my feelings in a letter to the Editor. I've met all the PA folks and spend time at the Tennessee Classic talking to them ALL(not just Marie  ;) ) and they have all known my feelings for a while now...and they still let me hang around.   ;D
 As far as what's coming up in PA I'm not sure until I see it in writing. I think black powder(the real stuff) fits in ok with the direction PA Magazine has come. I'm not fond of the FG bow articles but can live with it if that is what it takes to keep PA afloat.
 Anyway, thanks to PA for all it has done for the world of wood bows and I look forward to at least 25 more years of enjoyable reading and many more conversations with the members of our great website. Change is inevitable. Lets make the best of it and enjoy. 

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 11:27:18 am »
Well stated Pat, and nice letter also. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 11:39:21 am »
I need to renew. That being said, The lack of political junk is what brings me back here day after day. I get to read and learn and not have to deal with the political BS that is so rampant everywhere. Thanks to the mods and members for making this such a great place to come and learn.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 01:52:49 pm »
Didn't get mine yet.  Please remember all that without the magazine this message board will cease to exist so try and support the mag as much as possible

P.S. Just out of curiosity and I'm not sure if it's possible but if the e-mag was available per issue how many would take advantage of it.

P.P.S.  I am really curious now. I will set up a poll to see what the response is
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:01:54 pm by Marc St Louis »
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline loon

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 02:23:44 pm »
if it came to that, I would be willing to host this board if I was allowed to have all the data... and if the traffic isn't too outrageous... haha. I already host a forum out of my pocket, but it has rather low traffic.. just one VPS

I completely agreed with your letter, Pat B

Offline Zuma

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 04:17:03 pm »
The lack of political junk is what brings me back here day after day. I get to read and learn and not have to deal with the political BS that is so rampant everywhere. Thanks to the mods and members for making this such a great place to come and learn.

X2 :) :)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.