Author Topic: keeping your arrow on the shelf  (Read 4072 times)

Offline DV IN MN

keeping your arrow on the shelf
« on: October 31, 2016, 10:20:13 pm »
How do most of you keep your arrow on your shelf or do you just pull from a quiver? I like to have an arrow on the bow and hang the bow from a hanger. I use a strip of duct tape. Seems to work but just looking for options.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: keeping your arrow on the shelf
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:27:49 pm »
I keep my bow across my lap and hold the arrow on the string. My arrows have loose knack so they won't stay on the bow anyway. You can attach an arrow holder to the bow that will release the arrow as you draw.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DV IN MN

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 11:07:45 pm »
Pat, I have seen them just don't like the looks nor would I like the feel of something letting go as I draw. My nocks are loose also just have enough tension on the string and with duct tape it holds in place.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 11:31:11 pm »
I've seen where someone drilled a small diameter dowel into the back of the handle at the arrow shelf and used tooth braces rubber bands(very small) to hold the arrow on the bow. When you draw the band comes off the dowel releasing the arrow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 11:39:21 pm »
My nocks snap on, i dont see why folks dont like that? I lay my bow across my lap sometimes, but usually keep tje bow in hand with the draw hand on string to reduce movement when an opportunity walks by.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 04:23:50 am »
My knocks are pretty loose but I put enough shelf on mine that the arrows will stay unless it is a really windy day. I keep my hung all the time. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 09:19:27 am »
+1 on what sleek does, hand on bow at all times...I shoot off the hand, just can't do it any other way...That ghost will appear so quickly and I don't have time to set my grip on a walking deer at shooting range...It's a must on using natural vegetation blinds...9 times outa 10 I see my deer in close before ever hearing him...
                          Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 05:02:02 pm »
i usually hold my bow,,and arrow ready to shoot,, sometimes I take a break,,

Offline DV IN MN

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 11:40:21 pm »
Yeah it can be a pain to get a hold of the tape tab while watching the deer, be quite, and go unnoticed. But I like to sit and have the bow hanging.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 06:19:33 am »
I try to make my shelf half again as wide as my arrows. And I use double snap nocks so if it does slide off it usually hangs there and doesn't "clang and bang" to the ground.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 09:37:12 pm »
DQ came up with a great idea, it was in TBM a few years ago. Bend a 2" piece of coat hanger into an "L" shape with 1" legs. Then on the front of your leather grip where the stitching is, push one end down in at the top of the grip. It will be squeezed between the grip and bow. Then simply double loop a rubber band around the arrow and over the protruding section of "T". When you start to draw the rubber band shoots off and your totally free. You will have to experiment with rubber band length to get one to stretch just enough and not to loose or too tight. Hope my words help visualize for you.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.