Author Topic: Deer decoys  (Read 3355 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Deer decoys
« on: November 12, 2016, 09:28:38 am »
Well the natural decoys came out this morning after a good hard freeze here.In the past I've shot squirrels through these windows at the bird feeder but was'nt ready for this.It's about a 10 to 15 yard shot.I've had a frustrating season so far missing my mark 3 times.On nice bucks too.The rut is going good yet though and have seen at least 8 different bucks over the last 2 weeks or so.So I'll have to put some more time in on the stand and inbetween practice,practice,practice.......lol.

BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bradsmith2010

Re: Deer decoys
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:53:57 pm »
well I put my money you wont miss next time,, :) that next deer is in danger of going in the freezer for sure,,
Jerry Simmons was a good friend to me and learned me alot about deer hunting,, when ever I used to miss a deer he would say,, Brad that deer is alot bigger than a rabbit, no need to miss a deer,, I had to ponder that a bit,,  :) :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:57:34 pm by bradsmith2010 »

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 02:43:39 pm »
I see you spent the big money on the fancy decoys that move themselves around, have natural feeding actions, and poop just like real deer!  You spent the extra $$$ for the natural estrus scent, too, right???

Good luck, wait for the really big buck....being larger, they are supposed to be harder to miss. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 08:27:47 pm »
Hope your luck changes for the better.  It is good mojo to have them looking in your windows at you.  Don't buy into JW's reasoning - I have no trouble missing the big ones too! ;D
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 11:02:16 pm »
Ed I think Brad is right, that next deer isn't going to be so lucky. Next time your gonna be the lucky one I can feel it coming. Gun season here in the morning I'm still not sure what I'm going to carry to the woods in the morning, my bow or my single shot 20 gauge.  Guess I got all night to think about it. Happy Hunting everyone and stay safe out there.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:40:01 pm »
Nice scenery, Ed. And the extra bling in the yard makes it super special. Good luck on your next outing!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 11:59:23 pm »
I should'nt of said I missed.I did hit them.At least 2 of them anyway but not good enough to put them down.The third one was a miss.He put me in a very awkward position as can happen.I got more arrows....lol.I'll keep a trying.
Good luck to everyone too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed