Author Topic: seat to use with back quiver?  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Bentstick81

seat to use with back quiver?
« on: November 24, 2016, 12:13:22 pm »
 Wanting to hear what type of seats you use with a back quiver, or GFA type quiver? I've tried the three legged stools, but just not tall enough for my comfort. Thanks

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: seat to use with back quiver?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 06:27:42 pm »
I'm not sure if this is any help bentstick, but when I'm hunting and sitting in stand or on ground I don't wear my quiver. I usually just take it off and put it or hang it somewhere easily exsisible.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 10:33:03 pm »
That's what I do also, bj. An arrow on the bow and the rest close at hand.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bentstick81

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 11:03:44 pm »
 I am having trouble finding a seat, that i can carry in, with a back quiver on my back. I also take the quiver off, once i reach my ambush site.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 07:43:26 am »
Adjust so you can carry what you want in. You may have to change quivers or bungie your back quiver to a pack or portble seat that you carry in. I think most of us go to a side quiver in the case of having to carry stuff on your back.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 08:57:04 am »
I mostly hunt with a Catquiver mini. But I also have the Catquiver 2. It rides down the center of my back unlike the mini which is rides my side. I can sling a stool strap over my left side first and then slip either quiver on and it rides nice if need be.

That being said. Make your angular back quiver a convertible side quiver or add another strap and make I ride vertically.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 08:57:50 am »
Bentstick81.....I'll take a pic of a seat I made long ago I call a T seat.Light to carry and convenient for stalking and ambush hunting.Cost was 0.It's a 18" long 1/2" rerod sharpened at one end and a 4" square plate welded 90 degrees on the other end.On the sharp end a 3" disk with a 1/2" hole through it is welded a few inches up from the end of the tip so it can't go overly deep into the ground.On the other end an 8" wide 16" long piece of plywood is screwed to the 4" plate.You can swivel any direction you want.Sit down by a tree and use the tree as a backrest/break your silhouette up too.Use a bale twine attached to it to carry anywhere.Does'nt weigh much either.
Oh I always hunt with a side cat quiver.In the tree I take it off and hang it to my side for easier access to the arrow.OK here's a pic of the T seat.I have a pad on their for comfort too.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:22:24 pm by Beadman »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 03:40:06 pm »
I like that Ed, I was just telling my brother a couple weeks ago I should make one of those one leg stools like they used for milking cows in the old days. I never used one but I kinda remember my grandpa using one. I'm not sure how it strapped to him but I like yours. It is nice to be portable enough to just sit down and hunt wherever you decide you'd like to at the moment. Yours would be real nice for predator hunting too
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline ajooter

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 07:19:41 pm »
That is really slick Ed!!  Great for hunting on the fly.

Offline Bentstick81

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 08:10:23 am »
Beadman, that is pretty slick. Might have to try one. Thanks for the reply.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 10:00:18 am »
A milking stool is a pretty good analogy.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 10:13:45 am »
Glad you showed a pic of that stool turned upright, Ed. Didn't look comfortable the other way.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 10:54:00 am »
Yea I hear ya....That would be a problem we all don't need    lol.I just was reluctant to show my welding skills.I stick weld like a gorilla....Ugly but strong....lol.
BowEd
Ed