Author Topic: Yew English Longbow (Wall Hanger, don't vote for BOY :) )  (Read 13829 times)

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
Re: Yew English Longbow 56#@28"
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2016, 02:59:33 pm »
Great work brother! in all aspects.
I'm with you, the pure stick would match better. But I admire your leather work - just flawless.
The receiver will be very happy for sure.
Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2016, 10:59:33 am »
sweet lookin stik, love your work.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Weylin

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 09:59:40 pm »
Thank you to everyone for the kind words! It's nice to have your work appreciated by such a talented group.

Thank you, upstatenybowyer. It is pretty out here, soggy, but pretty.

The feeling is mutual, Chuck. Thank you

Thanks, Stalker. It's a pretty cool landscape. Hopefully we wont be having any battles out here any time soon.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2016, 12:01:12 pm »
Now that is a beauty!  Your attention to detail is second to none...as usual.  Josh

Offline markc324

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2016, 01:24:56 am »
Excellent bow! Love the swirls of the grain and full of knotty character. I also noticed on the image that shows you point to the sky, there's double string at the upper limb?! :P

Offline Clovis6

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2016, 08:48:02 am »
This ELB is the 4th custom piece Weylin has done for me and as usual he has exceeded my highest expectations. Cut him some slack on the shelf/arrow rest.  The customer is always right, even when the bowyer disagrees. I have had 5-6 no shelf ELBs and an equal number with a small shelf like the one Weylin put on this bow. My current hunting bow is a no-shelf as is my 3D "competition" bow.  Will try out the arrow rest on this new bow and see what I think. There is a 50/50 shot I will ask him to redo the grip to something similar to the attached picture. Wrapped leather grip with a matching leather plate and no rest. Have also thought about having him take the grip/rest/plate off altogether and just put a small inlay in the bow as an arrow plate. Finally, we debated the stiff handle question a bit. Since Weylin likes the way this one shoots, I am sure I will like it also when I finally get it out to the range in a couple of weeks.

Offline SETPARAPUSETH

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2016, 10:29:13 am »
wonderfull

Offline Lehtis

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2016, 11:12:17 am »
Got my BOM vote even though the existing unnecessary and non-traditional arrow self.

Offline Clovis6

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2016, 12:49:18 pm »
Lehtis - I agree with you that the shelf is unnecessary on an ELB and, all things being equal, would probably go without it if we were starting this project today. Still, you gotta admit that Weylin does nice leather work.

Offline Weylin

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2017, 12:47:50 am »
Well, sometimes Bows of the Month aren't all they appear to be.  :-\ This stave had some twist in it that I felt confident in conquering. I thought I had it licked, put a bunch of arrows through it and sent it out the door. The wood had other plans... It insisted on reverting back to it's former state. I made a replacement for it  and stuck this one up  on the wall for now. I might try to mess around with it later but for now it's just going to sit around and look pretty. Chalk this one up as a learning experience.

Offline DuBois

Re: Yew English Longbow (Wall Hanger)
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 09:06:07 am »
Hey Weylin,
would you p-lease do a how to on your handle? That is sweet.