Author Topic: This weather is getting old real quick  (Read 3451 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: This weather is getting old real quick
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 12:28:56 pm »
I can get used to the cold and snow. It's the constant 20-30mph wind that just makes life in the great outdoors brutal. The animals are missing that November weather we had now.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Swampman

• Primitive Archer subscription number PM109299
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 06:50:14 pm »
It got up to about 3 today in Minnesota.  It was -11 when I went to work this morning.  10 inches of snow for tomorrow and then it is supposed to drop down to -22 with -45 wind chills on Sunday.  Going to hole up in my shop with the wood stove this weekend.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 10:42:15 pm »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 10:57:06 pm »
Just wait a day or it'll  change - we had nigh onto 60 today and looking at -7 or lower Sat & Sun.  I think most of us tough old' Mountain Men are opting for breakfast Sun instead of freezing our butts off trying to shoot.  Might have something to do with the fact that we ain't young and dumb anymore, much less 10 feet tall and bullet proof.   As for MN I understand they wire the up the ice for the fishing
Camps and drive out to their huts :). Friend of mine was up thee once for a funeral and said the wind chill was -125 degrees.  They had to wait until spring to dig a grave! True story. Down Florida way -they have to go to the outhouse in pairs, one carries a shotgun to protect the other from the skeeters :).   First liar ain't got a chance.    That firing up the stove in the shop sounds like a real good idea, just have to figure out which project to work on first.  Darned shop troll hid my round  tuit.  Heck we got a wildfire going that really thaw out our shooting range with the high winds down sloping.  Nollag Shona, everyone!  Season's Greetings or whatever lights yer fire.   Btw, that is Merry Christmas in airish, more or less
Hawkdancer (northern Colorado)
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry