Author Topic: Surprise....surprise in the duck blind  (Read 7722 times)

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

Re: Surprise....surprise in the duck blind
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2016, 12:45:08 pm »
Clint, I wonder what I could start with a python on a stick? 8)

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2016, 01:48:22 pm »
Ed, we have 5 native species and no telling how many exotic, poisonous snakes. every once in a while someones  pet viper or cobra gets loose.
Mr. Mullet, I'm so glad I never had that many poisonous snakes around here, I probably wouldn't still be here..lol on a bad note growing up without them, when I do go someplace that has them, I turn into a nervous wreck. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Online mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2016, 10:50:29 pm »
Ed, you wouldn't have much fun hunting down here. :) Everytime I sit down, leaning against a pine tree in the dark when I'm 40 yards from a Tom roosting, I scrape the ground clean with my boot. A few years ago I didn't and it was cool in March. I felt something all morning under my thigh and when I finally got up found a Pygmy Rattler had been keeping warm under my leg. Growing up with this, it becomes second nature wading and walking through the woods and swamps, here. You're always watching where you step and the tree limbs that are near you that might have a Mocassin sunning on about shoulder high.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Online mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2016, 10:58:10 pm »
Back in the early 1970's I dried and mounted an Eastern Diamondback skin for the owner of one of the barrier islands off the coast of GA south of Savannah. I used a full length piece of plywood that was 18" wide and the skin hung off all 4 sides. I know the skin stretched some but it was a big sucker none the less. I remember seeing an old photo with 6 black men in the Low Country of SC. holding a dead diamondback rattler that was as long as the dirt road they were on was wide. 
Pat, in the neighborhood I live in now used to be the country. There was an old Sinclair Gas Station that had an old photo of 4 Eastern Diamond backs hanging from just below the roof of the building that were every bit longer than 8'. They came from the woods my friends and I grew up in.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?